ESET Anti-Theft - Logout error

If I want to logout in ESET Anti-Theft but it doesn't work. Mostly there is shown "log-out in progress" and after this it goes back to the site I were before and I'm not logged out.

I already found the reason: I had disabled "accept third-party cookies" (shown in the screenshot below) in the settings of Firefox (v 29.0.1).

post-3952-0-51676800-1401725678_thumb.png

But it isn't a nice solution to enable it because to disable the access to third-party-cookies increases the privacy and Mozilla also wanted to block these cookies by default (I think they also want to do this in newer versions of Firefox but I'm not sure).

So it's good to find a solution for this bug.

Edited by rugk

Nobody answered my bug report? What's the problem?

Edited by rugk

• Most Valued Members

I've had this issue once about a month ago, same as rugk, however it was in Safari and even though third party cookies and data were blocked, they are still blocked and I'm able to login and logout without an issue ever since. At the time I cleared my cache and cookies, closed the browser, and when I tried it again the next day, all was fine again. I'm not too sure that the issue is about third-party cookies though, personally.

Maybe it is not an issue about "third-party cookies", but I think so because of two reasons:

1. If I disable blocking of third-party cookies and it works fine.
  2. If you login there are cookies set from "anti-theft.eset.com", but if you logout the site "eset-acs.accesscontrol.windows.net" is called.

And log-in is not the problem - only log-out. And I really can delete all cookies from "eset.com" and "windows.net" and I'm not more logged in, but this isn't a solution because at the next login I also had to do it so. I think that "eset-acs.accesscontrol.windows.net" wants to do this (deleting cookies and maybe a bit more) during logout but it can't because I don't allow the access to the cookies (setted by "eset.com") because I'm blocking third-party cookies.

Edited by rugk

• Most Valued Members

Testing it on Firefox 29.0.0.1, it may possibly be browser specific then, as Safari blocks third-party cookies and site data by default and does not have this issue.

I was able to replicate your issue on Firefox however, and is caused by blocking third-party cookies.