Problems with "Send Wake-Up Call"

Go to solution Solved by TomTomTom,

Hi,

after updating the ESMC, the Endpoint Security and the agents on the clients the "Send Wake-Up Call" seems to stop working.
I have not made any changes to the policy.

Does anyone else have the problem?
Any idea why it does not work anymore?

Cheers

Tom

• Administrators

Can the ESMC server and agents on machines communicate via MQTT on port 8883 with epns.eset.com? Do you use an http proxy? If so, does it require authorization?

For more information about EPNS, please refer to https://help.eset.com/esmc_admin/72/en-US/epns.html&ref=esf.

• ESET Staff
1 hour ago, TomTomTom said:

I do not use a proxy, so there is no authentication anywhere.

A telnet command to the server epns.eset.com with the port 8883 works immediately

Hi @TomTomTom,

Is this a Windows or Linux hosted ESMC?

Do you have a Watchguard Firewall or router on your network?

If possible could you try restarting the ESMC Server Services and an example machine and then see if the wake up call then starts working?

Regards,

I thing I found the solution....

With the agent update via ESMC some functions (Wake-Up Call) are broken now. I needed an uninstall and a new install  of the agent on my client machine. Now it is working...

But it is not nice, because I have this problem on about 70 machines.

• Administrators

Please try configuring agent to log with trace / debug verbosity. After applying the policy, send a wake-up call to the machine and provide us with the agent trace log for perusal.

• Administrators

The trace log is stored in C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\trace.log.

Before you upload it here, create an agent policy that will enable trace/debug logging. When applied, send a wake-up call to the client. Finally upload trace.log.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 2:02 PM, TomPark said:

Hi @TomTomTom,

Is this a Windows or Linux hosted ESMC?

Do you have a Watchguard Firewall or router on your network?

If possible could you try restarting the ESMC Server Services and an example machine and then see if the wake up call then starts working?

Regards,

We do have a WatchGuard Firewall running.

Where is the problem ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Now it seems to be resolved finally....

There was a bug on ESET serverside. It is fixed with the ESET helpdesk. They installed a patch on an ESET server and now it runs perfectly.