Limited Support

I see that the linux version is in Limited Support -

On the page it says "Limited Support – It is generally limited to Technical Support and Development Support, which is limited to bug fixing so there is no support for new operating system versions"

So does that mean if it breaks on the latest version of ubuntu you guys don't fix it (i'm currently using 20.04)?

Just curious to know.

Edited by nodster

Thanks for your help and the info Marcos. I am a little worried though.. I purchased a three year license but it sounds like it could break anytime in those three years and there wouldn't be any help for it. (for my 3 person linux household :).

It seems to run good now though.. but just on the fence about if I should keep it for that reason.

Edited by nodster

• Administrators

The license is for ESET Internet Security which entitles users to update also ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop. However, we do not sell EAV for Linux desktop licenses directly because of ending support.

• Most Valued Members
On 9/5/2020 at 8:39 AM, nodster said:

OK, Thanks again.

there was a bug a while ago and it took a bit but they did fix it. So if it is a serious bug there is a chance they may fix it they just don't make any promises 

17 hours ago, peteyt said:

there was a bug a while ago and it took a bit but they did fix it. So if it is a serious bug there is a chance they may fix it they just don't make any promises 

Thanks for pointing that out. But I ended up getting a refund and going to another solution though that is fully supporting linux.

I don't think the bug has been fully fixed as I still get regular flickering in Chromium when using Nod32.

It's also disappointing that ESET doesn't seem to care very much for Linux users; with only limited support for version 4 and apparently no future 'proper' updates.

I did just renew my licence a few days ago, but I'm seriously thinking of cancelling it at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 9/7/2020 at 8:51 PM, infidelus said:

I don't think the bug has been fully fixed as I still get regular flickering in Chromium when using Nod32.

It's also disappointing that ESET doesn't seem to care very much for Linux users; with only limited support for version 4 and apparently no future 'proper' updates.

I did just renew my licence a few days ago, but I'm seriously thinking of cancelling it at the moment.

Flickering can be resolved by disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome/Chromium settings.

Edited by Nightowl