using prepaid mastercard

saeed6296

hi

I want to know if I can purchase renewing my license with prepaid Mastercard or not ?

does your payment method support these kind of cards or gift Mastercard?

36 minutes ago, Marcos said:

It depends on the local seller. Unfortunately, we do not sell to Iran.

that's the problem 😭 

In general, your internet payment gateway will accept prepaid cards or not , if I have prepaid Mastercard from another country 🤔

• Most Valued Members

You need to buy from a store that is the same as your Mastercard , like if your Master for example is Slovakian , you need to buy from Slovakian store ,

Prepaid cards will work normally as far as I know.

12 hours ago, Nightowl said:

You need to buy from a store that is the same as your Mastercard , like if your Master for example is Slovakian , you need to buy from Slovakian store ,

Prepaid cards will work normally as far as I know.

this is so sad 😭

I did buy 50$ gift mastercard and it failed me

somehow it won't accept it

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

this is what I get because I was born in this hole called ing iran 🤬

Screenshot_۲۰۲۰۰۷۱۵-۲۳۵۳۰۹_Chrome.jpg

• Most Valued Members

You need to find a gateway (store) that will accept your Mastercard

If that's pre-paid money is bought as US Prepaid , you need to buy from US Store , If that's Mastercard prepaid is UK , you need to buy from UK

46 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

You need to find a gateway (store) that will accept your Mastercard

If that's pre-paid money is bought as US Prepaid , you need to buy from US Store , If that's Mastercard prepaid is UK , you need to buy from UK

This won't work.

Eset license's are country specific. If bought from a U.K or U.S source, the license is only good for a device that physically resides in those countries.

The forum is full of postings of individuals purchasing out-of-country licenses and not being able to activate them on their in-country devices. This is usually resolved by contacting an in-country authorized Eset distributor, paying any required price difference, and in essence transferring the license to that country. Since no authorized Eset distributors exist in Iran, this option is not available.

Edited by itman

As far as Mastercard  pre-paid international use goes:

Mastercard® Travel Card

Mastercard Travel Card is also a prepaid card that is a safer alternative to cash and travelers’ checks. Redeemable worldwide wherever Mastercard debit cards are accepted, you can “get your choice of currency and cash back at participating merchants”–so you’ll never have to stand in line at the currency exchange counter when you could be out sightseeing.

https://www.giftcards.com/gcgf/giftcards-work-internationally

And again, this won't work for an Eset purchase in Iran.

One thought I had on this is if this would work using the above card? Assuming the device is a portable one, travel to a neighboring country. Then purchase an Eset license from an authorized distributor there. Activate the license in that country using an in-country address. Once the license is activated, I believe there are no further country restrictions. However, do not ever uninstall Eset while in Iran. To reinstall it, you will have to travel back to the country where you originally installed it. 

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, itman said:

As far as Mastercard  pre-paid international use goes:

https://www.giftcards.com/gcgf/giftcards-work-internationally

And again, this won't work for an Eset purchase in Iran.

One thought I had on this is if this would work using the above card? Assuming the device is a portable one, travel to a neighboring country. Then purchase an Eset license from an authorized distributor there. Activate the license in that country using an in-country address. Once the license is activated, I believe there are no further country restrictions. However, do not ever uninstall Eset while in Iran. To reinstall it, you will have to travel back to the country where you originally installed it. 

If he will travel to another country to obtain a license , then ESET should hire him.:D

25 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

If he will travel to another country to obtain a license , then ESET should hire him.:D

Exactly. Eset can use him as source for a new advertising slogan, " I traveled to Timbuktu and back just to use Eset."😁

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, itman said:

Exactly. Eset can use him as source for a new advertising slogan, " I traveled to Timbuktu and back just to use Eset."😁

What method does eset use to determine the country? Could something like a VPN not be used just for paying and activating?

15 hours ago, peteyt said:

What method does eset use to determine the country? Could something like a VPN not be used just for paying and activating?

Could be done a number of ways.

It could be using Win 10 built-in location tracking mechanism: https://windowsloop.com/disable-location-tracking-windows-10/ 

Or Eset could be installing a like "beacon" to do the same.

As far as VPN goes, it just in essence hides the location source of the Internet traffic routed through it.

20 hours ago, peteyt said:

Also using a VPN isn't enough to prevent your location from being revealed. Your browser also must be prevented from doing so if on a Wi-Fi connection: https://www.ivpn.net/knowledgebase/150/My-real-location-is-detected-when-connected-to-VPN-How-to-disable-geolocation.html .

As far as FireFox goes in later versions, this is controlled under Privacy & Security ->Permissions -> Location. Now I have this set to block and location tests I have perform have no problem determining my location. But I am not using a VPN. However, the FireFox Location setting of block appears to work using this test: https://www.infobyip.com/browsergeolocation.php .

Appears my location is being revealed via ISP IP address from my router which should be prevented if I were using a VPN.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members

Using a VPN to go a country that is the same as his pre-paid card will get him the license and then I doubt ESET will close the license because it belongs to another country and is being used by another country , even though it's not allowed but they just won't close it , unless it's being used by hundreds.