7.3.2036.0 "Hotfix" still a fail ESET

Due to the issues with previous release shutting down endpoints, after a scheduled scan in a policy, we upgraded the "hotfix" to 7.3.2036.0. I decided to create a Test Policy with a Scheduled Scan, Take no action after scan, and it WILL NOT let you name the task...it defaults the task name to Automatic update after dial-up connection, and it does not initiate a scan, nor does it let you create the task name, as it is greyed out.

Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by Topher
delete image

• Administrators

Default tasks cannot be renamed neither on clients nor in policies. However, when creating a new update task you can name it to your liking:

image.png

This is happening when I open/edit an existing policy, go to Settings, Tools, expand Scheduler, click Edit, Add, choose from dropdown On-demand computer scan, and Task name remains greyed out

ESET hotfix.jpg

Edited by Topher

Marcos, That is exactly what I am doing...clicking Add...as from text above, This is happening when I open/edit an existing policy, go to Settings, Tools, expand Scheduler, click Edit, Add, choose from dropdown On-demand computer scan, and Task name remains greyed out

I guess I will just have to try and create new policies, but I should be able to add to existing ones, which seems is broken now.

• Administrators

We'd need to check your policy in order to find out what's going on. I'm able to edit an existing policy and edit the name of an existing custom task in scheduler as well. It could happen that the task in question somehow got the ID of a default task and therefore its name cannot be changed. It's weird that it's called "Automatic update after dial-up connection" and the task type was changed to "On-demand computer scan". My understanding is that this should not normally happen and I was unable to edit a task this way.  Default tasks can only be enabled or disabled:

image.png

Yes, I am not messing with the default tasks. Only trying to add back the Scheduled task I had in my policies, before it went haywire on last update. I open/edit an existing policy, go to Settings, Tools, expand Scheduler, click Edit, Add, choose the option from drop down "On-demand computer scan", and Task name remains greyed out, and says "Automatic update after dial-up connection" under task name, and you cannot change it.

• ESET Staff

Please provide version of configuration (CE2) module server has and browser You're using.

Could be some faulty version. Please also try in a different browser.

I assume in EP this screen works correctly?

Edited by Mirek S.

Tried 2 other browsers besides Firefox, where I normally run it, same issue. I cannot add a scheduled custom task to any existing policy, without it defaulting name to Automatic update after dial-up connection, which is greyed out.

ESET Security Management Center (Server), Version 7.1 (7.1.717.0)
ESET Security Management Center (Web Console), Version 7.1 (7.1.393.0)
Copyright (c) 1992-2019 ESET, spol. s r.o. All Rights Reserved.

Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard (64-bit), Version 10.0.14393.3750

Connected Clients: 162
Active Licenses: 1

Installed Components:

Update module

1021 (20200218)

Translation support module

1805 (20200619)

SysInspector module

1278 (20200609)

SSL module

1048 (20200608)

Push Notification Service module

1061 (20200402)

Configuration module

1822.3 (20200122)

ESET hotfix.jpg

• Administrators

Since figuring out the root cause of the issue will require further troubleshooting and also more information will be required, I would strongly recommend opening a ticket with your local ESET support to ensure that the case is tracked and dealt with properly.