EMA2 MSP Question/Issues

Hi all,

I have a few issues with the new EMA2 and I'm hoping someone can help me out here. 
Please feel free to comment/contribute or advise whether any of this is user error.

1) Bright red Company/Site records in EMA2:
This is the first thing you see when signing into the MSP portal. In EMA1, these were auto hid by default, however, we now need to manually apply a check box filter. (Why??)

2) De-provisioning sites:
It is not uncommon where customers come and go. Unfortunately, it's not possible to remove these customers static groups from the ESMC which reside under the MSP Automation Framework. Imagine having 50 new customers & 10 leave in the space of 6 months. You'll have a bloated tree with endless static group records. 
(Suspending the site in MSP 2 will not remove the Static Group from the console).

View from EMA2:
534575252_ema22.thumb.JPG.0731713ab2afa9d07343afaf30376a19.JPG

View from ESMC:
1820359457_ema21.JPG.b9d7f9429171a1bf95b5a8fa74b95e04.JPG

3) Customers who no longer need certain licences/accidentally creating a "Full Licence":
Previously I've mistakenly created sites with Full license opposed to selecting the "Trial" tickbox.
Unfortunately it's not possible to re-create or downgrade the licence to a trial since a "Full" already exists.

In the below screenshot you can see the customer no longer needs File Security for Linux so this is suspended. However, they still need Endpoint for Windows/File Sec for Windows.
image.thumb.png.289d071a6cc8937687fac52cb3c2dde5.png
This unfortunately leaves a legacy record which cannot be removed from the console adding unnecessary noise. 

4) Licence Management - Deactivate seats not connected to EBA/ELA
In EMA1, we used this option in ELA to de-activate machines which are no longer connecting in. This worked great as certain teams would activate machines using the ELA/EMA account. Now, with EMA2, the activated seats are managed here and not from the EBA. This is great, however, we can no longer set these options for "Deactivate after x days" like we previously were able too.

image.thumb.png.530310270275dce75a6f2c9a5aa14a8e.png

• ESET Staff

Hello @Cp3p0, thank you for your feedback. I have forwarded it to the responsible product managers and UX experts.

All of the issues you have highlighted are not user-errors, and we plan to address them in the future releases of EMA 2 (especially option to automatically hide suspended sites, de-provisioning of customers (incl. replication of such changes into ESMC) and adding settings with the option for auto deactivation. 

We do not however plan to allow retroactive creation of a trial license per customer where full license was already present due to the potential of license misuse. However I do agree that the noisy records of cancelled license should be hidden / removed. That is AFAIK planned as well as some other improvements in the user behavior.