ESET Security Management Center how add all computers from my network

Hi.

I installed ESET Security Management Center on my CentOS. How can I add all the computers in my network now? I can see in the panel only CentOS server.

When I tried to search for computers, I entered the data in Access Directory and the computers are visible. When try to turn off one of the computers remotely, nothing happens. Anything else I need to configure?

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, stalowekk said:

When I tried to search for computers, I entered the data in Access Directory and the computers are visible. When try to turn off one of the computers remotely, nothing happens. Anything else I need to configure?

Do you mean that sending a shutdown computer task to a machine doesn't shut it down?

image.png

• ESET Staff

Hello, after you synchronize the Active Directory, you need to deploy the management agent and a security product. You can use various methods for deployment, like GPO / SCCM, remote deployment tool or manual deployment by using a generated installer. None of the tasks will be working, before the machine is actually managed = agent is installed on the target computer. 

19 hours ago, MichalJ said:

Hello, after you synchronize the Active Directory, you need to deploy the management agent and a security product. You can use various methods for deployment, like GPO / SCCM, remote deployment tool or manual deployment by using a generated installer. None of the tasks will be working, before the machine is actually managed = agent is installed on the target computer. 

I ping the ESET Security Management Center machine and it's OK. When I ping my PC from the machine, I can't see it. Does this have something to do?

• ESET Staff

Hello, you will have to troubleshoot the agents connection. You can find out the status of the agent on the machine that you want to connect, in programdata/eset/remoteadministrator/agent. Try to search for "status.html" that should inform you about what is wrong. Also the "trace.log" might include any communication errors.  As an ESET customer, you can entitled to contact ESET distributor for Poland, Dagma, that should be able to help you with your troubleshooting. 

7 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

Hello, you will have to troubleshoot the agents connection. You can find out the status of the agent on the machine that you want to connect, in programdata/eset/remoteadministrator/agent. Try to search for "status.html" that should inform you about what is wrong. Also the "trace.log" might include any communication errors.  As an ESET customer, you can entitled to contact ESET distributor for Poland, Dagma, that should be able to help you with your troubleshooting. 

Thank you for your answer.

In programdata/eset/remoteadministrator/agent I don't have status.html and trace.log files

• Administrators

Please check C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html and trace.log in the same folder.

25 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please check C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html and trace.log in the same folder.

In the path C:\Program Files\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent I don't have a folder EraAgentApplicationData It probably wasn't created during installation.

EDIT: in centos (eset management) i have status.html and trace.log

Edited by stalowekk