Why high resources coming out of sleep

• ESET Insiders

How long was the laptop in sleep? Could Eset running updates and then a startup scan after module updates if you have unmodified standard settings.

14 hours ago, itman said:

What version of Windows are you running? I have no issues on Win 10 x(64) 1909.

I'm running v1909 build 18363.900

12 hours ago, NewbyUser said:

How long was the laptop in sleep? Could Eset running updates and then a startup scan after module updates if you have unmodified standard settings.

Varies.  Might be 15 minutes it could be a few to several hours. Updates: possibly but then it would be running updates quite frequently given this happens all the time.  Not clear on what you mean by "unmodified standard settings". Would you provide some details? Thanks..

• Most Valued Members

Have you restarted your PC recently or it's been running for a while as sleep & wake up?

29 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

Have you restarted your PC recently or it's been running for a while as sleep & wake up?

I do both. In the past few weeks I have been doing sleep more. Not just closing the lid but choosing the sleep option and then closing the lid.  This is a Lenovo C930.

• Most Valued Members

Try to make a restart to see if it makes any differences.

17 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

Try to make a restart to see if it makes any differences.

I have. I have my backup software to only run on reboot or shutdown and so I do this from time to time to keep regular backups.

• ESET Insiders
4 hours ago, SBMongoos said:

Varies.  Might be 15 minutes it could be a few to several hours. Updates: possibly but then it would be running updates quite frequently given this happens all the time.  Not clear on what you mean by "unmodified standard settings". Would you provide some details? Thanks..

f you haven't changed the default settings, there are scheduled updates to occur hourly, and upon user logon. There are also two scheduled scans that occur, one upon start up and one upon successful module update. Updating shouldn't be all that cpu intensive, start up scan however varies from system to system depending on how much you have set to run upon system start up.

2020-06-16.png

To rule out Eset startup scanning as the source of excess Eset activity and resultant slow system performance, do the following:

1. Temporarily disable the "System startup file check" for User logon Task setting. Save your changes.

2. Force the laptop into sleep mode.

3, Resume from sleep mode and log on.

4. Observe Eset resource activity and system performance.

If there is a noticeable improvement, we have found the source.

Finally, re-enable "System startup file check" for User logon Task setting. Note: this setting needs to remain enabled for security reasons.

Edited by itman