Activation Popup will not alolow me to enter my State

Just bought a new Powerspec system at Microcenter, Bethel Rd, Columbus and sprung for the 3 year eset coverage.
When I go to activate the software, it will not allow me to select my state (Ohio) when I select my country (United States)--therefore I cannot REGISTER, and CANNOT ACTIVATE.

Nice job, eset!

23 minutes ago, srtygdrfyrftyrwtyrtwywty said:

Well, apparently it is needed to finish filling out the form (it even has the Red * asterisk) and will not allow submission of the form. Clicking on the State drop down does nothing at all...

Worked for me using bogus registration info; see below screen shot. So the issue might be your browser settings or the like.

However when I clicked the "Submit" button, a spinning wheel appeared.  Then a blank Eset web page appeared with only a "Go Back" tab appearing. Clicking on that just displayed blank web page. In other words, no registration confirmation or as I expected, at least an error message that serial number or activation key was invalid.

I would contact MicroCenter tech support and see if they can assist you with the Eset registration process.

Eset_Bogus.thumb.png.09719c726629fb9b83097d09616116c6.png

Edited by itman

• Administrators

Ok, since I'm from Europe I could not get to the US activation form and was redirected to the international activation form https://www.eset.com/int/support/activate/. Microcenter is a US retail seller as far as I know so I concur that you should contact their support or ESET LLC  should you be unable to resolve the issue with MC.

I've asked a colleague from the US to check if there's an issue with the form and not all states are listed.

I will also add that since you actually purchased a 3 year Eset license from MicroCenter, you should have been provided with an Eset license key from them in some format; e.g. e-mail, on your PC purchase receipt, etc.

Eset license key format is USAX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX where "X" is some character or number. If you have this Eset license key, you can activate Eset within the product itself as shown in the below screen shot;

Eset_License.thumb.png.737667bb5a53214335096422e4f60a4a.png

Yes, got the key and everything else, the activation form does not work because I cannot enter my State...that drop down menu is greyed-out/inactive.

Waiting on Ignore with MicroCenter now...They wouldn't answer their phones yesterday, only gave a recording saying they were busy and to go to the website(s). You would think that, due to call volume on a weekend, they would make sure they had sufficient staffing...

15 minutes ago, srtygdrfyrftyrwtyrtwywty said:

Yes, got the key and everything else, the activation form does not work because I cannot enter my State...that drop down menu is greyed-out/inactive.

Again .............. Refer to my above posting on how you can perform an Eset license activation within the Eset GUI itself. You do not have to use the MicroCenter activation web page if you possess an existing Eset license key.

Edited by itman

2 hours ago, srtygdrfyrftyrwtyrtwywty said:

Looking at your screen grab, MY eset activation form looks nothing like yours...there is no Use a purchased License Key option.

Well, that at least explains one thing. Eset is not installed. This is why you're not observing on your device what I suggested doing for activation.

The following is up to you. If you still can't connect with MicroCenter, this is what I would suggest. This suggestion is based on the fact that you have indeed purchased an unrestricted use Eset license key.

Send @Marcos a private message with your license key. He can then verify that the license key is valid and has no licensing restrictions. He will then reply in this thread what the status is. Assuming the license has no restrictions, we will then instruct you how you can download Eset Internet Security from the Eset web site. Then you can install and activate Eset using your license key.

Edited by itman

It also appears the "confusion" with MicroCenter is they pre-load a 90 day trial version of Eset on their PowerSpec computers:  https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/2997/how-to-activate-and-install-eset-antivirus-trial-on-your-powerspec-computer . It appears this is what you are  trying to use for activation and is non-applicable in your case since you purchased a full 3 year Eset license.

To further add to the MicroCenter "confusion," it appears some outlets are also in some cases, offering a free one year Eset license option: https://store.eset.com/us/offers/mc/ . Suspect that perhaps this is what you purchased with an additional two years added to the license?   

Let's wait until @Marcos verifies your license key.

Well, got on with MicroCenter tech support, uninstalled the pre loaded version, and installed a purchased version from the etes site and used the key to activate...got the proper activation form and it went well. See pic.

NOT looking forward to attempting to activate Office-- Tech support wouldn't/couldn't stay on the line with me long enough to resolve password issue with my MS account, so we didn't get to try the Office activation, which he told me WOULD most likely give me problems. Oh joy! I call back to MicroCenter, and they're not accepting calls into the hold queue any longer.

image.png.4642a6444244408db20e693e6282a185.png

5 minutes ago, srtygdrfyrftyrwtyrtwywty said:

Well, got on with MicroCenter tech support, uninstalled the pre loaded version, and installed a purchased version from the etes site and used the key to activate...got the proper activation form and it went well. See pic.

Great! So we mark this Eset activation issue as resolved.