Full Disk Encryption Policy not updating

Mr.Gains

I made changes to the FD Encryption policy almost a week ago, then test the password recovery on a client machine and it still has the old settings. I double checked the client machine is assign to the policy. The policy is "actual" on the client machine, but it acting like there's no changes made. I've made multiple changes to the password policy, and I've tested all the changes made with all resulted under old settings. ESET Full Disk Encryption version 1.1.0.0

• ESET Staff

Hello, can you please make sure that you do not have any other EFDE policy assigned to the clients, especially if the "force flag" is not set to any of the policies? Force flag could prevent other policies to being applied correctly on the machines. 

Also, is the "apply flag" correctly set for the password field? "apply" means that it would be actually applied on the target devices. 

Apply (green box) and Force (red box) below: 

EFDE policy.jpg

• ESET Staff

I would suggest to update both the EFDE client and ESMC agent (if not done yet) to the latest versions. Maybe there is some version mismatch between the version of the configuration module, that is responsible in delivering / translating / applying the configuration on the target computer. If the problem persists, I would recommend opening a customer care ticket, so our engineers could investigate it further.