Given up trying to get any support

Well i have to say i'm very miffed at ESET and it's so called support option, and have been forced to post here, ESET it would be nice is legal holders could get some decent support rather than having to post in open forums,

I have an issue with both an email address to access an account with you 3 device, and also lic manager and constant errors, i'm not oing to post SN in open forum of course any chance andyone from ESET to reach out so i can find out what is goingon with Lic Manager etc

All1

• Administrators

What did your local ESET support tell when you called them?

I was unable to find any license registered with your forum registration email address. Please provide your public license ID.

I have a 3 year 2 machine deal for myself and its registered to a different email address to the forum addy, I bought the other one for a laptop im giving my sister and that is regestered to her email addy, sorry i dont know how to find public license ID on v12 which is what she has installed, i will send you via PM mine and her details so you can sheck what is going on as i'm lost

All1

• Administrators

The license you provided was canceled. It was issued to a person from Afghanistan and had been used for activation on thousands of machines before it was canceled. If you have paid for it, unfortunately you have fallen a victim of fraud. To prevent this, we strongly recommend purchasing a license from an authorized seller.

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

The license you provided was canceled. It was issued to a person from Afghanistan and had been used for activation on thousands of machines before it was canceled. If you have paid for it, unfortunately you have fallen a victim of fraud. To prevent this, we strongly recommend purchasing a license from an authorized seller.

Yep been confirmed by eBay account was hacked and taken over have my refund, do you have a list of authorized seller’s or would it be cheaper to upgrade my licence to 3 machines?

All1

• Administrators

You should be able to find authorized partners at https://www.eset.com/uk/partner/finder/

If you have a valid license, you can contact the seller from whom you purchase it and extend it to 3 devices. It should be cheaper than purchasing separate licenses for each device.

• Most Valued Members

I believe the license you are trying to use was sold through ebay or some other cd-keys website , usually these cd-keys are bought by people and then stolen from people and then sold again to people which is called Grey Market sometimes.

And in some cases these cd-keys are bought using stolen credit cards , or bought from a country that will use a cheap price and then sold to a country with an expensive prices priced normally or cheap.

So you buy one and after few months you will have a trouble with it , as it's just a matter of time before ESET detects and disables that license.

You better buy from Official ESET Partners or where ESET website directs you when you click "Buy Now".

Edited by Nightowl

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

You should be able to find authorized partners at https://www.eset.com/uk/partner/finder/

If you have a valid license, you can contact the seller from whom you purchase it and extend it to 3 devices. It should be cheaper than purchasing separate licenses for each device.

I bought my 2 license deal from your site a while ago so i will just add an extra license to that and that should cover her, many thx

All1

Hello,

I have the same problem.  The email I used to originally buy Eset was hacked a year ago.  I am trying to reinstall Internet Security,

but it will not let me activate the program with my license.  I have not heard back from Eset support.  For now, I am using the trial license.  Any suggestions on how to retrieve my account?  I have been an Eset fan for years.  I would appreciate any help that you can give me.  Thank you

• Administrators
10 hours ago, RichardR said:

I have the same problem.  The email I used to originally buy Eset was hacked a year ago.  I am trying to reinstall Internet Security, but it will not let me activate the program with my license.  I have not heard back from Eset support.  For now, I am using the trial license.  Any suggestions on how to retrieve my account?  I have been an Eset fan for years.  I would appreciate any help that you can give me.  Thank you

Did you contact ESET LLC and opened a support ticket? If so, you should have received a confirmation email with a ticket ID, please provide it.

I was able to find only one trial license for ESET Internet Security registered with your forum email address that is due to expire on June 16, 2020.

11 hours ago, RichardR said:

The email I used to originally buy Eset was hacked a year ago. 

I assume this is the license key you are trying to use to activate Eset with. Post the public License ID for that license. Refer to the below screen shot on how to do this:

Eset_Lic_ID.thumb.png.48bf749abf21d51051b2d330d46f412f.png

Thank you for all your help.  I was still having problems with the license key, so I went ahead and purchased a two year subscription for two computers.  Can I have the days on the old subscription added to my new subscription?

• Administrators

According to colleagues from ESET LLC, you should receive a response within today. I assume it should be possible to merge the two license so that you have just one license key that will be valid for the existing period extended by the remaining period of the other license.