non spam mail

Guest Cypour

Guest Cypour

I'm getting lots of email rejections from domains like wetransfer and yousendit and many other safe senders. Tried adding them on the exception list etc but I still can't seem to be able to fix properly.

Am I missing smthng? Please advise.

Than

Billy

• 2 weeks later...

I too have the same issue. I have added several domains and email addresses to the whitelist and most of them get delivered without being sent to the quarantine mailbox, but there are a few that still will not make it through.

I have not added them to the Allowed Senders list in the Antispam Engine yet because it describes the list for 'allowed outgoing email addresses and domains'.

Am I misreading this?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the very same issue!

Just installed ESET Mail Security For Exchange and i'm getting several reports from several domains of emails that don't even make it to the SPAM folder. They're just being flatout rejected...

I'm whitelisting all that io can, but meanwhile some mails may just be lost. Not to mention the extra work this is giving...

Is there any way to make sure no mail is rejected and at the very least ends up on the SPAM folder?

Hi

remeber that after any change in antispam cfg. You need to reload antispam engine - without this changes will not work

In spamlog - what is the reason of rejection? is greylisting enabled ?

greylisting is disabled

i just reloaded the parameters just in case, but i don't think that's it... will give it a couple of days to see if there's any chnage.

• 2 weeks later...

greylisting is disabled

i just reloaded the parameters just in case, but i don't think that's it... will give it a couple of days to see if there's any chnage.

didn't resolve the issue

still happening

i've also tried changing the AV defs from clean to quarantine... some emails just get rejected and i can't figure out why...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Please use the steps below to evaluate why the email message was not received.

Check the ESET Mail Security Antispam logs

1. Ensure Antispam logging is enabled (it is enabled by default)
    1. Open ESET Mail Security
    2. Press the F5 key to display the Setup window
    3. Navigate to Server protection -> Log files
    4. Verify the check box next to Log spam score is selected
    5. Click OK
  2. Verify if ESET Mail Security processed the email by checking the Antispam Log
    1. Where can I find log files created by my ESET Business Edition product?
  3. If the email is in the Antispam log, check the action taken on the email
    1. Retained: No action was performed on the message
    2. Quarantined: Message was moved into quarantine. Check your Quarantine settings using the following Knowledgebase article:
      How do I redirect spam email to a specific location (mailbox) using ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange? (4.x)
    3. Rejected: Message was denied and the SMTP reject answer sent to the sender
    4. Deleted: Message was deleted using silent drop and no notification was sent to the sender

Note: For more information about Mail Security Spam scores and categories, please see the Antispam log section in the ESET Mail Security User Guide

Check if the email was blocked by ESET Mail Security Greylisting

1. Check if Greylisting is enabled
    3. Navigate to Server protection -> Antispam protection -> Microsoft Exchange Server -> Transport agent
    4. Verify the check box next to Enable Greylisting is selected
    5. Click OK
  2. If Greylisting is enabled, check if Greylisting actions are logged
    3. Navigate to Server protection -> Log files
    4. Select the check box next to Log Greylisting activity
    5. Click OK
  3. If Greylisting is enabled and logging, check if there is an entry in the Greylisting log for the sender’s address or domain
    1. Where can I find log files created by my ESET Business Edition product?
  4. If there is an entry in the Greylisting log for the sender’s address/domain, check the action taken
    1. Rejected:  the incoming message was denied using the basic precept of Greylisting (first delivery attempt)
    2. Rejected (not verified): The incoming message was redelivered by the sending server, but the time limit to deny the connection has not elapsed yet (this starts after the initial connection denial and must elapse before the email will be accepted)
    3. Verified: the incoming message was redelivered several times by the sending server, the time limit for the initial connection denial has elapsed, and the message was successfully verified and was direct to the other filters within Mail Security

Note: For more information about Greylisting in Mail Security, please see the Greylisting section in the ESET Mail Security User Guide

Verify the email was received and delivered using Exchange Message Tracking

Verify if there another Antispam appliance or program in your organization

• Check if there are any other antispam programs are installed on the server or workstations
  • Check if there are any external antispam hardware appliances on your network
  • Check if the MX record for your domain is directed to a third-party email host; if so, do they have antispam or antivirus scanning of your email?
  • Check the headers of an email that was received correctly by the intended recipient, if other antispam programs scanned the email, they may write information to the header (for example, the Exchange 2013 Antispam module will write headers using this format)

Thank you,

ChadH

Edited by Chadh

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Some of my emails have not been sending and I have edited the Anti-spam and disabled greylisting. After configuring those, is there a way to send the emails that were not sent?

Thanks