ESMC Agent does not install

Hi everyone!

I upgrade my Security Management Center Server to the newest version (7.1.717) but after that i cant install remotely the esmc agent.
The system shows that the task completed successfully but i cant see any proccess on the client
I use the clients on domain where can be found several computer with few operation system (windows xp-win8.1). I use domain authentication on the task creating.
Before the upgrade the remote agent worked in every client.

• Administrators

Did you upgrade ESMC Agent via sending an ESMC component upgrade task to the client? Is the previous version of agent running on the machine now or none at all?

The component upgrade task is working but my problem is that i want to remote installing the esmc agent in newly installed windows system and the process does not run on the client. When i download the all in one installer it works. But when i download the agent installer bat and run it, it doesnt work.

I didnt tried GPO or SCCM but the Remote Deployment tool works. Now my questions is what will be the problem with the push from the web client?  Maybe the created BAT extension file that contains the repository agent information and cant be run on the client?

Update:

The remote deployment tool work, but only installs the agent from the all in one installer the endpoint security not.

Edited by John Agics

• Most Valued Members

Hi,

Are there any logs in the ProgramData\Eset\RemoteAdministrator\Logs  (or something like that)?  Event logs in Windows?

The worst case scenario is to copy EsetUninstaller.exe to the affected systems, and run it in Safe Mode to clean up the stuff from previous installations.  I've found this to be quite 'effective' (if not troublesome).

Edmund

Hi everyone!

I have the same problem. I upgrade my Security Management Center Server to the newest version (7.1.717) but after that i cant install remotely the esmc agent.

Upgrade ESMC Agent via sending an ESMC component upgrade task to the client works correctly.

But installing new ESMC Agent  on computers where ESET products have not previously been installed is not possible.
The system (ESMC) shows that the task completed successfully (in a couple of seconds, or even faster) but ESMC Agent  on new computers is not installed. In destination systems events start to appear with text"

ESET Remote Installer

Execution finished with 0x0, The operation completed successfully. Error code: 0x0

" , but no signs of presence of Agent there.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Bazon said:

But installing new ESMC Agent  on computers where ESET products have not previously been installed is not possible.

Please check my previous post for alternate and recommended ways how to deploy the ESMC agent on new systems.

So after the upgrade, only local deployment works, because the deployment of ESMC Agent via GPO or SCKM is a remote start of local deployment. ESET tool Remote Deployment does not work the same way as from web client ESMC.

In destination systems events start to appear with text"

ESET Remote Installer

Execution finished with 0x0, The operation completed successfully. Error code: 0x0

" , but no signs of presence of Agent there.

When are you planning to restore the ESET tool Remote Deployment and install the ESMC Agent via the web interface ESMC?

• Administrators

Does deployment using the ESET Remote Deployment tool work or not? It was not clear from your reply.

For troubleshooting steps, please read https://help.eset.com/esmc_admin/71/en-US/fs_agent_deploy_troubleshooting.html. Should you need further assistance with deployment, I'd recommend opening a support ticket with customer care.

Client is not reachable on the network - ping the client from the ESMC Server, if you get a response, try to log on to the client machine remotely (for example, via remote desktop).

Firewall blocks communication - check the firewall settings on both the server and the client, as well as any other firewall that exists between these two machines (if applicable).

Client's host name could not be resolved - possible solutions to DNS issues can include but are not limited to:

oUsing the nslookup command of the IP address and hostname of the server and/or the clients having Agent deployment issues. The results should match the information from the machine. For instance, an nslookup of a hostname should resolve to the IP address an ipconfig command shows on the host in question. The nslookup command will need to be run on the clients and the server.

oManually examining DNS records for duplicates.

Ports 2222 and 2223 are not open in firewall - same as above, make sure that these ports are open on all firewalls between the two machines (client and server).

No password set for administrator account - set a proper password for the administrator account (do not use a blank password)

Insufficient access rights - try using the Domain Administrator's credentials when creating an Agent deployment task. If the client machine is in a Workgroup, use the local Administrator account on that particular machine.

details_hoverNOTE

After a successful deployment, ports 2222 and 2223 are not open in the firewall. Make sure that these ports are open on all firewalls between the two machines (client and server).

To activate the Administrator user account:

1.Open an administrative command prompt

2.Enter the following command:

net user administrator /active:yes

ADMIN$ administrative share is not available - The client machine must have the shared resource ADMIN$ activated, make sure it is present among the other shares (Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Shared Folders > Shares).

IPC$ administrative share is not available - verify that the server can access IPC$ by issuing the following from a command prompt on the server:

net use \\clientname\IPC$ where clientname is the name of the target computer

Use simple file sharing is enabled - if you are getting the Access denied error message and your environment is mixed (contains both a Domain and Workgroup), disable Use simple file sharing or Use Sharing Wizard on all machines that are having problems with Agent deployment. For example, in Windows 7 do the following:

oClick Start, type folder into the Search box, and then click Folder Options. Click the View tab and in the Advanced settings window, scroll down the list and deselect the check box next to Use Sharing Wizard.

Link to the repository is incorrect - In ESMC Web Console, navigate to More > Server Settings, click Advanced settings > Repository and make sure the URL of the repository is correct.

Package not found in repository - this error message usually appears when there is no connection to the ESMC repository. Check your Internet connection.