Unblocking Windows service with Eset Remote Administrator and Endpoint Security

gchapmangt

I'd like to know how to unblock a service with ERA if it's possible. My goal is to unblock the Windows service WMI and not just a port or ports that it uses for my domain. This service is know to use a very wide range of ports that I don't want to open blindly. In the attached screenshot when I go to add a rule. I see the field that says service. Should this field be populating? Because it's not doing so. Yes I could unlock this service on each machine individually when it's blocked. But that's not efficient. I've even tried putting in a Group Policy to unblock the service in the Windows Firewall to utilize the "Also evaluate rules from Windows Firewall" inside of ERA. But it doesn't like like ERA is noticing those rules, because when I try to push an app using SCCM to a test machine that utilizes the WMI service. I can see that WMI is still being blocked. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

2019-08-08_11-47-24.jpg

2019-08-08_12-02-22.jpg

Edited by gchapmangt

• Administrators

If you want to create a rule for the Windows Management Instrumentation service, type in "Winmgmt" in the appropriate field:

image.png

image.png

Thanks that worked! I really appreciate it. FYI for future releases, it might helping to put a little informational disclaimer there with an example cause it wasn't clear to put it like that there.