Auto logout too soon?

Currently using the latest ESMC with Chrome 75.0.3770.100

The Admin user by default will logout 10 min after the last activity in the session. However it seems it is always auto logging out much sooner (less than 3 minutes). The setting is showing 10min logout. Is this a bug?

• Administrators

I assume he is not logged as the ESMC Adminsitrator (the default admin account). If he's logged under another administrator account, most likely this user has a shorter autologout set:

image.png

12 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I assume he is not logged as the ESMC Adminsitrator (the default admin account). If he's logged under another administrator account, most likely this user has a shorter autologout set:

Hmm.. However I am sure it is the default Admin account. The upper right corner is showing >9MIN. Also I've verified the autologout for the default admin is set to 10min

• ESET Staff

Maybe, just maybe, this might be related to the fact that you have a very short update interval set for ESMC modules. I know I had experience such behavior once, when I applied too short server setting for module updates. After module updates, if I recall correctly we restart server service, and therefore sessions are invalidated. But that´s just a guess. 

9 hours ago, MichalJ said:

Maybe, just maybe, this might be related to the fact that you have a very short update interval set for ESMC modules. I know I had experience such behavior once, when I applied too short server setting for module updates. After module updates, if I recall correctly we restart server service, and therefore sessions are invalidated. But that´s just a guess. 

I have nearly everything in the ESMC set to default values except that I use my own cert for the webconsole. I will try to modify those timeout knobs and see if the issue can get resolved.

• ESET Staff

Alternatively, you might ship us with your server tracelog, and someone with better experience like @MartinK might be able to give you an idea about what´s wrong with your setup.