Error updating transport agent Mail Security for Exchange

I have a Windows server 2008 R2 with Exchange 2010 x64 both fully updated that I keeps throwing the error - During execution of Mail server protection for Microsoft Exchange Server on the computer xxxxx, the following warning occurred: An error has occurred while updating transport agent status (12).

I have no other errors on the server, I have restarted all exchange services, dns (also no errors), and checked the "get-transportagent" where eset av transport is enabled and has 1st priority.

I have restarted the server and am still getting this error every minute filling my inbox. I am not using a firewall on the server itself and this error just started a day a so ago with no other changes.

Any ideas on what causes this and how to fix it?

Hello,

Are you running the latest version of ESET Mail Security?

Have you tried Powering off the server completely vs a restart ? This has been a reparation in the past.

Hello,

Are you running the latest version of ESET Mail Security?

Have you tried Powering off the server completely vs a restart ? This has been a reparation in the past.

Yes, I am running Mail Security 4.5.10019, I have not tried a power down as I am administering it remotely.

Edited by Michelle911

Can you try this fix from MS to see if it resolves the issue, even if you can access the PowerShell it could still be affecting the loading of the Transport agents.

hxxp://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Exchange-2010-Post-SP1-or-3a5e2a21

more info:-

hxxp://joetrombley.wordpress.com/2011/03/12/the-windows-powershell-snap-n-microsoft-exchange-management-powershell-e2010-is-not-installed-on-this-machine/

Can you try this fix from MS to see if it resolves the issue, even if you can access the PowerShell it could still be affecting the loading of the Transport agents.

hxxp://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Exchange-2010-Post-SP1-or-3a5e2a21

more info:-

hxxp://joetrombley.wordpress.com/2011/03/12/the-windows-powershell-snap-n-microsoft-exchange-management-powershell-e2010-is-not-installed-on-this-machine/

I am still able to get into powershell, but I will try it. I ran the script and I'll restart after business hours and post back.