Firewall Blocking My own Computer

Hello,I found my eset firewall troubleshooting blocking my device system name and svchost.exe,Is this bad or normal,Please Tell me.(I use a mouse by the way).Also im sorry if this is

the wrong place to post but please tell me im in panic

• Administrators

Please elaborate more on the issue that you are having. What connections are blocked? How does it manifest? Do you have an application that doesn't work properly because of that? Do you use automatic firewall mode without any custom rules? Did you set your local network as home/office (trusted)?

No,No application is having problems with it,my eset firewall is same as the first time i downloaded it,Didnt change anything.

Also i don't know if my network is home/office or not,And Only Svchost.exe and my device system name is blocked

Edited by Potattoo

Somebody please help,Im a very anxious person and i might not sleep this day just for this,Please anwser quick as possible

Edited by Potattoo

• Administrators

If you are not having any issues, then there's nothing to solve. It is normal that firewall blocks some unwanted or unneeded traffic. Should there be an issue, we can help you with troubleshooting it.

Thanks a lot,Have a nice day!I also unblocked it,I hope nothing bad happens.

Edited by Potattoo

Wait,I just relaised even if the system names are the same,There is 2 seperate of the blocks,One of them below the device name

has one of the numbers different from the other one,Its normal right?

Edited by Potattoo
misspell

also the DESKTOP-(Numbers) is my computer system name, and its seperate from 192.(NUMBERS).(Number),What i found strange was

that the DESKTOP-(Numbers) were the same as the above,But only thing different was that 192.(NUMBERS).(number)  thing.Please help me

Edited by Potattoo

• Administrators

The firewall troubleshooter is meant to be used only when you are having a specific network communication issue. If you are not having any, do not run it please.

Appears you are using Eset's Home/Work Network profile.

Open Eset's GUI and click on Tools. Next, click on Connected Home Monitor. This will display all devices connected within your local network and their associated names, statuses, and IP addresses. This should allow you to identify what devices are associated with IP addresses 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2.

Edited by itman

23 hours ago, Potattoo said:

Somebody please help,Im a very anxious person and i might not sleep this day just for this,Please anwser quick as possible

21 hours ago, zamar27 said:

Please draw it sir, I beg you. Im also very anxious person and for sure won't sleep tonight. Im in panic now. Someone, please help me. Omg, what's happening? 😪

zamar27, mocking the OP is very unbecoming, not very nice and is NOT funny in the least bit:angry:.

This Forum is here for all interested people regardless of their level of expertise. Folks come here for help and interaction with other people who have the same interests. Not to be mocked.

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

1 hour ago, Potattoo said:

Oh thanks a lot!But some of them has  question marks on it?

Refer to this article for further information: https://support.eset.com/kb6268/ .

I use a Public profile and hence, this Eset feature is not applicable. As such, I can't help you with any questions in regards to it.

Also this feature is for scanning one's router connections. If you don't use a router, this feature is non-applicable.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

A post has been removed. Please refrain from personal attacks and offense and keep the discussion to point.

Hi Marcos,

IMHO this forum will only benefit from some share of humor. Its not really a generic panic button, but rather a place to make people interested in Eset protection tech, and give you some bugs feedback. Also I found improper that some folks suddenly allowed to mentor others while refusing to address the OP concerns. Why this offtop is allowed here?

Edited by zamar27