Same IP address as me

Hi My name is Dave and I am working in China. .  I am sure you people are well used to answering my next question but I am new to security issues,  Another computer has the same IP address as me and I think I have a trojan or someone has taken over my computer.  My security tells me someone is monitoring my password entries.  What soft ware is safe to download and check for this? I have a compac pc and antivirus software from eset

Cheers

China Dave

• Administrators

I'd sugggest running a full disk scan with the NOD32 scanner. If no malware is found, you can contact Customer care and supply them with a SysInspector log for analysis.

For peace of mind you could always change your IP from dynamic to Static in the adapter.

You can find the subnet of the local area network running "ipconfig" from the command prompt.

I have tried changing my IP address but the stasis button has been disabled.  I found out yesterday that my computer has been taken over 

12:05:47 PM
someone at my  school has accessed my computer and they can work on it with me knowing. For instance if I work on one part a site they work on the other and leave a bookmark so they can access that site without me.  These sites are password protected.  I know it is someone from school as one of the sites was to do with grammar teaching and this is not your average site a hacker would do
12:07:06 PM
I find this out by seeing my google had gone to many site that I had not gone and when I clicked on the google past finds it came up with this site that had been bookmarked and gave access straight to the site by passing my password and log in
12:07:43 PM
They also have my IP address and are monitoring my password connections can you help me with this?  I think they also can see my screen as they recently talked of buying a second screen he is quite sure of himself.
12:08:15 PM
I have eset nod anti virus software

the soft ware telling me about the same IP address and my keys been logged is not the eset nod 32 but my trustee security from my bank.  The eset is saying everthing is OK

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

If you believe that your computer is infected with a keylogger, password stealer or remote access trojan of some sort but that ESET's software is not detected it, I would suggest contacting your local ESET office or distributor and arranging for them to examine the computer remotely.  That way, they can examine it for undetected malware, remove anything they find, and send samples off the virus lab for further analysis.

ESET's distributor in China is Version 2, Ltd., and contact information for them can be found here on their website.  I am afraid the site is not in English, but if you contact them an English-speaking technician should be able to assist you.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky