EKRN.EXE Memory leak (exessive mem use after 10 day uptime)

Today i found that eset main process was hogging memory it had accumulated nearly 1gb , which has crept up over the past 10 days of continuous uptime this did not happen until i upgraded to the latest clearly not so greatest version , here we go again

• Administrators

In the advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics, select to generate complete application dumps and click OK. Then open the Diagnostics setup again and click Create (dump).

Next, gather logs with ESET Log Collector, upload the generated archive to a safe location and drop me a message with a download link.

Will it be best to wait until the next time it hogs more than the nominal 200-350mb of memory,Or can this be done at any point?

• Administrators

We don't need a dump from a point when the memory usage is normal so please wait a bit until it grows above the standard usage.

i have this issue too 
EKRN.EXE Takes alot of memory isee in task manger That it takes 157.634 K and that is not normal at all
and iam hearing loud fan noise came from computer like that happend when playing games
idid disable real-time protect and nothing happen
So ANY ANSWERS ?!???
Ver: 12.1.34.0

Edited by MezoMax

• Administrators

157 MB allocated by ekrn.exe is a pretty normal value but 1 GB reported by the OP is not.

When playing games, your CPU is used to the maximum extent which increases its temperature and the fan speed. Do you mean that with protection paused or after uninstalling ESET the fan remains silent while playing resource-intensive games?

Hi @Marcos

We are also facing this same issue on our client PC. The ekrn process took more than 200 MB (Refer attach image) Please refer below link to download the dump logs.  We couldn't collect logs from ESET logs collector as it took more than 30 min to collect the data.

Product : ESET Endpoint Security
Version : 7.1.2045.5

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xbfrD96LmfzD4eYTvnTSLGmTbCZn53wV?usp=sharing

SPA_ekrn1.PNG

SPA_ekrn2.PNG

SPA_PC.PNG

• Administrators

@tommy456, do you use a supported email client (e.g. MS Outlook) and antispam? If so, could you try disabling the option below or address lists in the antispam setup and rebooting the machine and see if the issue goes away?

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

After the most recent Win 10 x(64) cumulative update, ekrn.exe is back to using 57K memory versus the 90K+ memory it was using previously. Go figure ………..?

12 hours ago, zamar27 said:

I don't think you read it right: 64К Private Bytes / 160K Working Set. 

If your referring to my posting, "ekrn.exe is back to using 57K memory versus the 90K+ memory," both references were for private bytes per Process Explorer display. 

Edited by itman

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 12:55 PM, Ali Akbar said:

Hi @Marcos

We are also facing this same issue on our client PC. The ekrn process took more than 200 MB (Refer attach image) Please refer below link to download the dump logs.  We couldn't collect logs from ESET logs collector as it took more than 30 min to collect the data.

Product : ESET Endpoint Security
Version : 7.1.2045.5

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xbfrD96LmfzD4eYTvnTSLGmTbCZn53wV?usp=sharing

SPA_ekrn1.PNG

SPA_ekrn2.PNG

SPA_PC.PNG

Hi @Marcos

Any update on the logs that I've PM you 2 weeks back ? Since that no reply from your side...

The problem still persist till today.