win 10 update Kb4493509 problem

Hi,

After I have installed win 10 Kb4493509 update  ESET icone in the notification area has gone.

I can still see it among hidden icons. But If I do ESET repair it is even worse, the ESET icone has gone completely.

Any help ?

• Administrators

If you uninstall the KB does the icon re-appear? Have you tried uninstalling ESET and installing the latest version 12.1.34 from scratch?

I do not want to uninstall KB because all other things are working well and to do that it takes so much time. I created a recovery point and did eset repair and that caused the icone has gone completely. when i restored win to recovery point the icone appeared among hidden icons again. But all that takes time 😞 . It is ok for me if the eset service is running and icone is still available among hidden icons so that i can open eset console. Is there another way to control eset functions if the eset servise is running but there is no icone ?

1 hour ago, borislj said:

It is ok for me if the eset service is running and icone is still available among hidden icons so that i can open eset console. Is there another way to control eset functions if the eset servise is running but there is no icone ?

On the Win 10 desktop toolbar, click on the up arrow sign located on the right hand side. This will show all hidden icons. Then drag the Eset icon down to the desktop toolbar; best place is preceding the Windows Security Center icon. From this point on, the icon should show on the desktop tool bar at system boot time.

IF you mean the Eset icon is in the area accessed by clk'ing the"Show Hidden Icons"  - ^ - symbol in bottom right system tray area by Clock ....  I can Left-Clk-hold/drag any Hidden Icon from there Down INTO the clock area or Move one INTO the Hidden area.

Is your issue Different as this seems too easy?