ERA reporting some clients need Win updates and not others

Odd issue. We are running ESET ERA Server 6.5.522.0, EES  7.0.2091.0, and ERA Agent 6.5.522.0 currently. In the built in dynamic group "Computers with outdated operating system" no EES client is showing up.When i look at the details->alerts of a EES client they clearly state "Windows updates available". Other clients, EFS and EEAV do show up and behave fine. What could be causing this behavior? I have been holding off on upgrading to ESMC, thus holding off on upgrading the ERA agents. Is that my problem? Outdated agents? Please advise.

• ESET Staff

There is a "bug" in the pre-created DG template. The DG template expression is looking at "operating system is not up to date" error, however in EP V7 we have changed the value to "Windows update available". If you upgrade your ERA Server to ESMC, you will be able to create the corresponding DG template, in case of ERA 6.5 the new "status" (Windows Update Available) is unknown to ERA Dynamic Group template evaluation system. 

OK, so if I understand correctly, the path forward is to upgrade to ESMC and then create a new DG template. But if I also upgrade the agents, do i still need to create a new template?

• ESET Staff

I will check with the teams, whether the template will be automatically updated. However you are correct, that you need to upgrade both agents and server, so that template / DG can be used for automation properly. 

15 hours ago, MichalJ said:

I will check with the teams, whether the template will be automatically updated. However you are correct, that you need to upgrade both agents and server, so that template / DG can be used for automation properly. 

I upgraded the 6.5 to 7, the template was the old one and I edited it manually.