Apache HTTP Proxy issues

Hi, 

I just upgraded to V7 from ERA 6.5 using the Component Upgrade task. I used the V7 AIO installer to upgrade Apache HTTP Proxy as well. 

I get these errors all the time in "C:\Program Files\Apache HTTP Proxy\logs\error.log"

[Mon Feb 04 16:58:45.932716 2019] [ssl:warn] [pid 7308:tid 452] AH01873: Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]

Shouldn't there be httpd-ssl.conf in "C:\Program Files\Apache HTTP Proxy\conf" ?? It's not present for us at least.

I had issues with client activation and decided to disable proxy in the client to use your public servers. It appears to have fixed the issue so the proxy config has some issues for sure.

FWIW, I get the same error on the latest version of Apache HTTP Proxy each time the service starts, though it does not appear to be causing any issues.

I get ~1 a minute. Maybe it's not directly caused by it but we can't activate ESET through the Apache HTTP Proxy. We need to bypass it for activation to work so there's definitely something wrong with it.

I'll contact support.

Thanks for your feedback

• ESET Staff
14 minutes ago, j-gray said:

FWIW, I get the same error on the latest version of Apache HTTP Proxy each time the service starts, though it does not appear to be causing any issues.

Yes, it is just warning. It has not been present with older version as support for SSL has been added in recent versions and is used only for EDTD requests.

Regarding original issue it is hard to diagnose without any specifics or error codes, but there has been activation issues reported and are targeted in recent release of EES/EAV.