Agent install Ubuntu 16.04 OpenSSL 1.1

I cannot get the agent on our PHP 7.2 Linux servers since it instals OpenSSS 1.1. From what I read though it should install as a supported version is on there. I see 1.00 and 1.02 also installed. It does not seem to look for anything other than the default. I am unsure how to change the default and cannot remove 1.1. I also can't find info on how to get the agent to use the 1.00 or 1.02 version on install. I suspect even if I did it won't start as it wil try and use the default openssl at that point as well.

Any advice on how I can get the agent installed on a Ubuntu 16 server with OpenSSL 1.1 installed?

Any help appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to mention I am running ERA 7 appliance and installing latest ERA agent

Edited by Compuco

• ESET Staff

Could you check how are installed OpenSSL libraries named? It seems that order in which ERA/ESMC components load openssl prefers  libcrypto.so,  which is mostly installed by OpenSSL DEV packages.

Hi @Compuco
I managed to find to resolve it by removing some library from Ubuntu 18.04 (I believe you may have the same issue, so might be worth trying

If you don't want to bother seeing the post
here is the command :)

apt-get remove libssl-dev:amd64

You need to remove a amd64 lib and that solves it. 
Best.

Edited by avielc

• 2 weeks later...