when I scan my computer, the log comes up and it shows all files scan "unable to open [4] " - what is going on?  how can I fix this?  How can it find if I have a virus or not if they can't open the files?

Here is a sample of the files:

Log
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SouthDeimosAYP\SouthDeimosAYP.exe - unable to open [4]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Client\AppvIsvStream32.dll - unable to open [4]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Client\AppvIsvStream64.dll - unable to open [4]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\AppvIsvStream32.dll - unable to open [4]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\vfs\ProgramFilesCommonX64\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16\AppvIsvStream64.dll - unable to open [4]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\vfs\ProgramFilesCommonX86\Microsoft Shared\EQUATION\AppvIsvStream32.dll - unable to open [4]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\vfs\ProgramFilesCommonX86\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE16\AppvIsvStream32.dll - unable to open [4]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\vfs\ProgramFilesX64\Microsoft Office\Office16\AppvIsvStream64.dll - unable to open [4]
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\dc4bd39a25a0f058db18b0fa8dcf441b_0f9232dd-098d-40b4-b3cc-7bf7bdad70b5 - unable to open [4]
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\SystemKeys\5d6435add5fa4e9af5bfa3c005ae71a2_0f9232dd-098d-40b4-b3cc-7bf7bdad70b5 - unable to open [4]
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\defaultuser0.dat - unable to open [4]

HELP

Edited by gizzydee

• Administrators

The files are exclusively being used and access to them was not allowed. Try rebooting the machine and prior to launching any application run a scan as an administrator. Scans that are run via scheduler are run in the local system account so even files that you normally cannot access due to permissions will be scanned.