Gotta love Samsung

Arakasi

This is old, but i came across it again, and laughed again just like i did the first time. :lol:

Had to share it here.

Lawsuit Paid In Full: Samsung pays Apple $1 Billion sending 30 trucks full of 5 cent coins

This morning more than 30 trucks filled with 5-cent coins arrived at Apple’s headquarters in California. Initially, the security company that protects the facility said the trucks were in the wrong place, but minutes later, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) received a call from Samsung CEO explaining that they will pay $1 billion dollars for the fine recently ruled against the South Korean company in this way.

The funny part is that the signed document does not specify a single payment method, so Samsung is entitled to send the creators of the iPhone their billion dollars in the way they deem best.

This dirty but genius geek troll play is a new headache to Apple executives as they will need to put in long hours counting all that money, to check if it is all there and to try to deposit it crossing fingers to hope a bank will accept all the coins.

Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, told the media that his company is not going to be intimidated by a group of “geeks with style” and that if they want to play dirty, they also know how to do it.

You can use your coins to buy refreshments at the little machine for life or melt the coins to make computers, that’s not my problem, I already paid them and fulfilled the law.

A total of 20 billion coins, delivery hope to finish this week.

Source : hxxp://thebladebrownshow.wordpress.com/2013/11/13/lawsuit-paid-in-full-samsung-pays-apple-1-billion-sending-30-trucks-full-of-5-cent-coins/

Edited by Arakasi

I like this comment as well haha

OK, let's do the math, shall we? A US nickel weighs exactly 5 grams. That equals 0.011 lbs. Ok, now notice that a billion dollars is not a billion nickels--it's 20 billion nickels. Twenty billion nickels times 0.011 lbs. is 220 million pounds! Each of the "30 trucks" would have to carry 7.33 million pounds of nickels. (Hint: they don't make trucks that big.) See? And you told your math teacher that you would never need to use math, now didn't you? :)

Imagining to be the guy, that had to check the delivery. Giveing a call to his girlfriend, saying: sweetheart I have to work overtime a bit.....a couple of days...are you angry sweetie....hallo..hallo

Imagining to be the guy, that had to check the delivery. Giveing a call to his girlfriend, saying: sweetheart I have to work overtime a bit.....a couple of days...are you angry sweetie....hallo..hallo

LOL

He could bring her a basket full of coins, instead of roses.

Love Samsung's thinking here.It's hilarious.As much as i've always disliked Apple's business tactics,i'd like to see Samsung get theirs as they've made a business out of frequently stealing other company's intellectual property and passing it off as their own.Personally,I would have made it 150 trucks,but of pennies.I don't watch much regular network television,but when I do,i'd like to make it through 1 program without an Apple ad(s) of some kind.I have a huge disdain for most marketing tactics.Back to the story at hand..I would love to shake the hand of the person at Samsung who made the decision to do this.

I tried to give a heads 'up in my second post as to the validity of the article.

At any rate, thanks Dan for your comment. I am not an apple fan either, although my career forces me to know and be able to support them.

I love unix though, and i have repaired about 8,500 iPhones and a lesser amount of the pads. I sure do like making money off apple's design flaws.