Eset secure authentication looks good

Eset antivirus/era looks good

Eset deslock does not really fit in.

8 hours ago, sindbad said:

Will we see a design change? 

Eset secure authentication looks good

Eset antivirus/era looks good

Eset deslock does not really fit in.

Design change in what sense? Conceptual or visual change?

I have problem with MDM being separate appliance from ESMC and DESLock+ beeing separate product (requires Windows server license).
Most, third party products offer MDM and Encryption integrated with endpoint protection and offer management from single console.

DESLock+ was acquired in 2015 so I would expect some form of integration in 2019.

Edited by bbahes

• ESET Staff

@sindbad The process of acquisition of Deslock inc. was finished this year. AFAIK, we will work on proper rebranding of Deslock applications to ESET Endpioint Encryption during 2019 (we won´t do a major redesign of the Deslock application, just rebrand it, slightly adjust the color scheme). We are also working on FDE integration into ESMC.

With regards to @bbahes comment about MDM, we plan to move it fully to cloud, however I can´t specify any details at this time and no specific plans are in place.

9 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

@sindbad The process of acquisition of Deslock inc. was finished this year. AFAIK, we will work on proper rebranding of Deslock applications to ESET Endpioint Encryption during 2019 (we won´t do a major redesign of the Deslock application, just rebrand it, slightly adjust the color scheme). We are also working on FDE integration into ESMC.

With regards to @bbahes comment about MDM, we plan to move it fully to cloud, however I can´t specify any details at this time and no specific plans are in place.

Any plans to integrate MDM and ESMC  for on premise VA?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, bbahes said:

Any plans to integrate MDM and ESMC  for on premise VA?

This question is off topic since this is "Encryption" forum. Anyways, I for one don't think this is a good idea since both are resource demanding products and having both running within a single VA would not do any good.

24 minutes ago, Marcos said:

This question is off topic since this is "Encryption" forum. Anyways, I for one don't think this is a good idea since both are resource demanding products and having both running within a single VA would not do any good.

I agree, but since initial question included three products I saw no problem including fourth :)

Regarding resource demand, I can't comment that, since I don't have numbers to compare workload.

It would be interesting to have a chat about that topic.

• ESET Staff

Reason for not having is a simple result of internal resources and prioritization.

ESET as a software vendor can´t support every single use-case of every single customer. As every such thing, would mean further development, testing and maintenance and therefore less features in other products. We did not experience significant demand for something like it on the market, as there are workarounds. Linux admins can setup their own Linux instances, and install both components on the same machine, so this use-case is very niche. Secondly, we would like to focus on cloudification of the MDM, as that´s the thing that makes the most sense for everyone.

4 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

Reason for not having is a simple result of internal resources and prioritization.

ESET as a software vendor can´t support every single use-case of every single customer. As every such thing, would mean further development, testing and maintenance and therefore less features in other products. We did not experience significant demand for something like it on the market, as there are workarounds. Linux admins can setup their own Linux instances, and install both components on the same machine, so this use-case is very niche. Secondly, we would like to focus on cloudification of the MDM, as that´s the thing that makes the most sense for everyone.

Thanks for clarification. :)

Guest sindbad

@MichalJ I saw ESET Deslock on computer stations in the new era 7.x. 

But we can only see the version of deslock. Can’t do anything else. That will change then? But it’s a nice addition to have.

• ESET Staff

In the future version, the plan is to have fully integrated Full Disk Encryption as that is the most commonly used functionality. If someone will want to use other features, like Removable media encryption, or E-mail encryption, he will still have to use the Enterprise Server.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 9:39 AM, MichalJ said:

In the future version, the plan is to have fully integrated Full Disk Encryption as that is the most commonly used functionality. If someone will want to use other features, like Removable media encryption, or E-mail encryption, he will still have to use the Enterprise Server.

Is there a technical or architectural reason not to include Removable media encryption in ESMC/ECA?

Edited by bbahes

9 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

@bbahes Yes, there are valid reasons to not include removable media encryption in the first iteration of ESMC / ECA integration.

Thanks!