ESET HTTP PROXY

You need to clarify what this means "for computers I do not want to ever go online."

Assumed is you are using Win Updates to keep your OS patched and up to day. Also if you are running Win 10, it is connecting to the Internet for Store app updating and diagnostic data transmission.

Bottom line - Eset's web proxy filtering is monitoring all Internet connection activity; not just browser activity.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I am talking about updates through the Apace HTTP Proxy. I am not comfortable with the mirror tool. I have a very large deployment of about 6000 nodes with intermediate ERA Proxy servers. I want the all the computers that are ALWAYS offline (5000 nodes). Only the ESET HTTP Proxy server goes online. And I would like to know if the HTTP Proxy component of ESET is good in this case just as the mirror tool

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andrew,

Yeap.

Just make sure that the Offline computers are able to reach the Server/Machine which has the HTTP Proxy installed on over port 3128.
Now make sure that the Server/Machine with the HTTP proxy installed has a clear line of site to the following list of ESET servers found here:  https://support.eset.com/kb332/#era6

-Download detection engine and module updates
-Download product installers, updates
-Expiration date
-ESET Live Grid
-Antispam
-GUI
-ESET Data Framework
-ERA6/ESMC 7
-ESET Push Notification Service
-Serives

Now, make the necessary HTTP Proxy policy configuration changes from the ERA/ESMC and apply to all machines you wish to have updating locally.

Agent Policy -> ESET Remote Administrator Agent -> Settings > Advanced > Use HTTP Proxy - Set to HTTP Proxy address. For the download of Security Software installation files (ESET Remote Administrator Agent/Advanced Settings/HTTP Proxy)

Endpoint Antivirus Policy > ESET Security Product for Windows > Advanced Settings > Tools > Proxy Server - Can use either Corporate Web Proxy address or internal HTTP proxy address. Used for client traffic to the internet (Live Grid, Activation etc.) - 

(In your case do not set as Corporate Web Proxy as this will create issues with your offline licencing.)

Endpoint Antivirus Policy  > ESET Security Product for Windows > Update > Profiles > Connection Options > Proxy Server  - Set this to internal HTTP Proxy. Used for Virus Signiture updates

Please make sure the Server/Machine with the HTTP Proxy installed has a clear line of site, this includes no proxy chaining as it is not supported. 

Edited by Cp3p0
Typo

• ESET Staff

Please make sure the Server/Machine with the HTTP Proxy installed has a clear line of site, this includes no proxy chaining as it is not supported. 

Hi, proxy chaining is supported, only authenticated connections are not. You can read more about proxy chaining here: https://support.eset.com/kb7034