RDP access from the internet

Fiona

I have a site using Endpoint Security on all machines. If I want to access one machine using RDP internally from the server it works without a problem. If I dial in from outside then I cannot access the machine. I have changed it to learning mode and accessed thesystem and I can see a new rule. Thats fine but I need to access it from several places.

So My question,

How can I put a wild card into the IP? I have tried blamnk, * and a range of 0.0.0.0 to 254.254.254.254 and nothing works.

Please dont advise me to switch off the firewall or anything about vulnerability. I am not worried about 3389 as the poort as I use a NAT on the router to chaage the external port.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:04 AM, Fiona said:

How can I put a wild card into the IP? I have tried blamnk, * and a range of 0.0.0.0 to 254.254.254.254 and nothing works.

You can't. The Eset firewall rules don't support wildcards.

The Eset default firewall rule only allows inbound traffic for RDP, port 3389, for IP address listed in the Trusted Zone. For the internal network device you wish to connect to, you can add the IP address for each external device to its Trusted Zone. I believe this is only feasible if those external devices have static IP addresses assigned.

Note: doing so will then activate all Eset default rules that allow inbound Trusted Zone traffic to be applicable to your external devices.