ESMC server doesn't accept connection from the agent

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

Some of you reported an issue, when the ESMC server stops to accept connection from the management agent so fresh data from the endpoints are not arriving to the server.

The temporary solution is to restart the server in such case.

Our technology team has analyzed the issue and prepared a solution for it, once will be tested and approved, we may provide it to the community to test.

In case you are interested in it, we advise you to watch this forum thread to get updates on this topic.

We hope that the fix will be available within a week from now.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Regards, P.R.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Peter,

How are you?

Is there availaible any fix for ESMC Server installed on GNU/Linux Servers? (We have customers affected with the ESMC VAAppliance)

https://support.eset.com/ca7050/?locale=en_EN&viewlocale=en_US

Regards.

If it can help :

From what I've been observing, each 24 hours I have to reboot the server so it will accept connection from the new agents (7).

But server still accept connection from all computer still running on the old agents (6.5 or less)  

Also, when the problem happens the SQL Server process jumps from 700mb - 800mb to 2.7 gb of ram usage and never drops until I reboot the server (around 1200 clients here).

Is it only SQL Express that is too limited for the new amount of data the agent are sending to it ? 

Upgrading to SQL Standard would solve the problem ? (More global ram allowed, more ram per sesson, etc..)

In fact , this was my next step of debbuging until I found this post on the forum.

Waiting for news on this ! 

On 10/30/2018 at 8:33 PM, cssinfo said:

Also, when the problem happens the SQL Server process jumps from 700mb - 800mb to 2.7 gb of ram usage and never drops until I reboot the server

MS SQL Server never drops memory, thats why there is an option to set how much memory You want to give for database server

• ESET Staff
1 hour ago, Jasper said:

Unfortunately I already have the first clients not connecting again today. I applied the fix yesterday on our appliance.

Could you please check on one if client, whether it is not differnet issue, recently described in this topic:

Path resolves issue, where all v7 clients should eventually stop connection. This issue does not affect v6 AGENTs until upgraded.

• Marcos unpinned this topic