What folders on EMSC server to back up for DR?

Hello,

Now that we are going into Production with our ESMC 7 server, I need to know what files/folders need to be backed up for disaster recovery. I have already selected the SQL db, but are there other folders I need to back up?

Thanks.

• ESET Staff
7 minutes ago, Campbell IT said:

Hello,

Now that we are going into Production with our ESMC 7 server, I need to know what files/folders need to be backed up for disaster recovery. I have already selected the SQL db, but are there other folders I need to back up?

Thanks.

Backup-ing just database should be fine for most of the users, but you might consider following:

• Back up also ESMC's ProgramData directory. It will contain generated/saved reports. But there is nothing crucial for recovery
  • I would recommend to export specific data from ESMC and store separately, as recommends documentation. This includes especially certificates, which would enable you to recover client's connectivity even in case database backups are not usable.
  • I would create copy of Apache Tomcat installation, especially configuration files, which are including HTTPS certificate. This should be definitely done in case you made some custom changes (for example deploying your own certificates). Completely re-installing ESMC WebConsole is no big deal, but new installation will result in new HTTPS certificate, which might be confusing for users.