ESMC, Sync'd AD Users but not getting their OU's.

Following a database issue with ERA v6 I've had to setup a new ESMC v7 VA server in HyperV.  The server has been successfully joined to the domain and I've created a User Sync task with a valid AD account to sync my AD details with ESMC.  Running the task I am getting my user accounts sync with ESMC but the OU's that they are situated in are not pulling across, if I look at Computer Users within ESMC I just get a folder icon and no name next to it.  A separate task to sync my computers objects and their OU's is working fine using the same credentials.

The User Sync task was setup in a similar way to v6 which works fine, so I'm not sure why it's not working as I expect on v7?

Any help appreciated.

• ESET Staff

Could you please provide configuration details (screenshot), especially in case you are not using default settings? No need to list sensitive parameters, but for example configuration of section " User Group and User Attributes" might be helpful in reproducing this issue.

I'm largely using default settings with the exception of User Extinction Handling which is set to remove, screenshot attached.  If I use the browse button next to Distinguished Name I can see and select the OU's, so ESMC can access and read the groups from AD.

ESMC.PNG

• ESET Staff

Could you try to use value "name" instead of "cn" for User Group Name field? I have tried it with that (actually it seems it is default), and it worked.

I tried "name" originally as that was the value in v6 and it didn't work.  I've just tried it again having removed previously sync'd AD users and it has worked.

Thanks for your help.