Update Failed, but things are still working? Do I have a problem?

Hi All. Seeing some strange behavior this morning, and I wanted to check here about what's been happening. Currently running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro.

This morning I was notified by ESET that a product update was available, so I went ahead and moved forward with the update.

During the update, three notifications popped up, alerting me that driver installation had FAILED. The message was shown for three different instances: ehdrv, eamonm, and a firewall module who's name escapes me at the moment.

Eventually the update then asked me to reboot, which I did. Upon loading into Windows, ESET said it was waiting to be associated with the Windows Security Center. Windows Security Center then took a long, long while to look for any antivirus solution, and eventually presented a button to restart ESET. After clicking that, everything looked okay? I'm not sure.

These errors make me think that ESET is now broken. Is there a way to verify that everything is okay? Should I be worried about these error messages? Should I be concerned that Windows Security Center apparently didn't see ESET at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

• Administrators

Most likely you have upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10 Insider Preview build. Microsoft is going to address the issue in one of the upcoming IP builds.

Since we have a topic on this subject already open, we'll draw this one to a close. Please continue at https://forum.eset.com/topic/15949-hips-cannot-communicate-with-driver/.

• Marcos locked this topic