Jump to content

Unable to uninstall Remote Administrator Agent 6.5.522


neok
 Share

Recommended Posts


Hello everyone, I need to be able to uninstall the agent for windows, version 6.5.522 from the control panel. 
I do the whole process as a local administrator and it tells me that it has been successfully uninstalled, but the agent is still installed. I don't have it password protected. 
What I did notice is that even though it is not uninstalled, this operation is no longer updated in my ERA server panel.
How can I trace the cause of this "error"?
Any help is welcome.

Best regards

Gabriel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

If you have Endpoint installed on the machine, does uninstallation work after temporarily disabling self-defense and rebooting the machine? Is the ERA Agent still listed as running among running processes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If you have Endpoint installed on the machine, does uninstallation work after temporarily disabling self-defense and rebooting the machine? Is the ERA Agent still listed as running among running processes?

I only have the agent installed on my test PC. I didn't install the antivirus.
I don't have another antivirus installed. After the supposed successful uninstallation, I see that the service has indeed disappeared. What does not disappear is the reference in Control Panel / Programs and features.
It's not so bad now, but I'd like to fix it anyway.
Regards

Gabriel

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

If you delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3DD675F0-E4EB-4CCD-A57E-2C47B8C86675} manually, install Agent from scratch and then uninstall it, does this key remain in the registry?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If you delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3DD675F0-E4EB-4CCD-A57E-2C47B8C86675} manually, install Agent from scratch and then uninstall it, does this key remain in the registry?

Y will try...

 

I add that the installation of the agent is done by GPO. Does he have anything to do with this?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If you delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3DD675F0-E4EB-4CCD-A57E-2C47B8C86675} manually, install Agent from scratch and then uninstall it, does this key remain in the registry?

In my case the key are:

{41F12F70-5FA9-43F5-94F4-53B54EB4EEC4}

And yes, the reference in control panel disappeared.

 

 

Edited by neok
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If you delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3DD675F0-E4EB-4CCD-A57E-2C47B8C86675} manually, install Agent from scratch and then uninstall it, does this key remain in the registry?

This didn't work for me in the end. Although the installed agent was not listed, it could not be reinstalled (it is as if it were already installed). I had to remove it with the tool esetunninstaller.exe

:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

Could you please provide more details of how you performed installation? Did you use AGENT msi installer with install_config.ini configuration file (in ERA called GPO installer) or you used all-in-one EXE installer? Asking because we have seen similar problems in case second one was used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, MartinK said:

Could you please provide more details of how you performed installation? Did you use AGENT msi installer with install_config.ini configuration file (in ERA called GPO installer) or you used all-in-one EXE installer? Asking because we have seen similar problems in case second one was used.

Exactly this " msi installer with install_config.ini configuration file (in ERA called GPO installer) "

 

Edited by neok
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...