Unable to uninstall Remote Administrator Agent 6.5.522

neok

Hello everyone, I need to be able to uninstall the agent for windows, version 6.5.522 from the control panel. 
I do the whole process as a local administrator and it tells me that it has been successfully uninstalled, but the agent is still installed. I don't have it password protected. 
What I did notice is that even though it is not uninstalled, this operation is no longer updated in my ERA server panel.
How can I trace the cause of this "error"?
Any help is welcome.

Best regards

Gabriel

• Administrators

If you have Endpoint installed on the machine, does uninstallation work after temporarily disabling self-defense and rebooting the machine? Is the ERA Agent still listed as running among running processes?

15 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If you have Endpoint installed on the machine, does uninstallation work after temporarily disabling self-defense and rebooting the machine? Is the ERA Agent still listed as running among running processes?

I only have the agent installed on my test PC. I didn't install the antivirus.
I don't have another antivirus installed. After the supposed successful uninstallation, I see that the service has indeed disappeared. What does not disappear is the reference in Control Panel / Programs and features.
It's not so bad now, but I'd like to fix it anyway.
Regards

Gabriel

• Administrators

If you delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3DD675F0-E4EB-4CCD-A57E-2C47B8C86675} manually, install Agent from scratch and then uninstall it, does this key remain in the registry?

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

If you delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{3DD675F0-E4EB-4CCD-A57E-2C47B8C86675} manually, install Agent from scratch and then uninstall it, does this key remain in the registry?

Y will try...

I add that the installation of the agent is done by GPO. Does he have anything to do with this?

8 minutes ago, Marcos said:

In my case the key are:

{41F12F70-5FA9-43F5-94F4-53B54EB4EEC4}

And yes, the reference in control panel disappeared.

Edited by neok

25 minutes ago, Marcos said:

This didn't work for me in the end. Although the installed agent was not listed, it could not be reinstalled (it is as if it were already installed). I had to remove it with the tool esetunninstaller.exe

:(

• ESET Staff

Could you please provide more details of how you performed installation? Did you use AGENT msi installer with install_config.ini configuration file (in ERA called GPO installer) or you used all-in-one EXE installer? Asking because we have seen similar problems in case second one was used.

20 hours ago, MartinK said:

Could you please provide more details of how you performed installation? Did you use AGENT msi installer with install_config.ini configuration file (in ERA called GPO installer) or you used all-in-one EXE installer? Asking because we have seen similar problems in case second one was used.

Exactly this " msi installer with install_config.ini configuration file (in ERA called GPO installer) "

Edited by neok