hello friends my question

lucylia

my question to eset friends, i have kaspersky on my pc but i want to change to eset internet security.
is it a good antivirus program with good security ????

Hi,

Welcome.

I had Eset 6 years without problem then i switched to Kaspersky for 4 years no problem..

So Kaspersky have great protection more aggressive than Eset but Eset is lighter on system impact.

Kaspersky in TOP class antivirus report always 1 or 2 place. So If you choose Eset you will not make a mistake. Good AV with good optimization.

Check tests World Protrection, Performance, False alarms a lot of newest tests https://www.av-comparatives.org/consumer/

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, nexon said:

So Kaspersky have great protection more aggressive than Eset but Eset is lighter on system impact.

This is questionable. As for tests, yes, they often score 100% but in fact there is no security solution capable of 100% detection of threats. In real world results may be quite different then in tests, not only in terms of detection but also in terms of footprint.

I'd recommend you try ESET and let us know how you perceive it with regard to your previous AV. I'd like to put into your attention a list of various technologies developed by ESET that protect you from actual malware on different layers: https://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/.

19 minutes ago, Marcos said:

This is questionable. As for tests, yes, they often score 100% but in fact there is no security solution capable of 100% detection of threats. In real world results may be quite different then in tests, not only in terms of detection but also in terms of footprint.

I'd recommend you try ESET and let us know how you perceive it with regard to your previous AV. I'd like to put into your attention a list of various technologies developed by ESET that protect you from actual malware on different layers: https://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/.

Sure AV are not 100% depends on actual threats in the world and frequent updates.

Eset UEFI adds as first in the world?? NOPE kaspersky have this from 2013 year as far i know :) Every AV have own optimization for better performance and detection like kaspersky have iswift and iChecker (scanning only changed or new created files)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, nexon said:

Eset UEFI adds as first in the world?? NOPE kaspersky have this from 2013 year as far i know :)

I didn't refer specifically to UEFI protection. However, speaking about it ESET is the first security product which has an UEFI scanner integrated in an AV product. The feature is available both for business and home users which is unique too.

8 hours ago, lucylia said:

my question to eset friends, i have kaspersky on my pc but i want to change to eset internet security.
is it a good antivirus program with good security ????

Hello lucylia and welcome to the forum. Glad you are here:)

As Marcos said "there is no security solution capable of 100% detection of threats. In real world results may be quite different then in tests, not only in terms of detection but also in terms of footprint." That being said, I have been using ESET on my Windows machine for quite of number of years and am very happy with its day to day real world usability and dependability (seat of the pants dynamics...if you will). The Support team is very good, in addition to having some very bright users and ESET Moderators/Staff on this forum.

I encourage you to give ESET a try. ;)

Regards.

Edited by TomFace

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:12 AM, nexon said:

Eset UEFI adds as first in the world?? NOPE kaspersky have this from 2013 year as far i know

Kaspersky's UEFI scanner is stand alone OEM software and is not integrated within its AV software product offerings.

Edited by itman

lucylia,

I wish to share my recent experience with you to possibly help.  I am an average home user with reasonable (but not high) technical background in computing.

I used Kaspersky internet security 6 years, I had not had any bad experience with software/internet protection. Being honest I was a little disappointed with their response time to system problems created by their software (I do understand the complex problems of modern AV products and I do not expect any vendor to be perfect) . 

I monitored forums for the last year while deciding what to change to. I am very happy with every aspect of ESET internet security so far. The setup was far easier (IMO of course). I did some basic test to ensure the software found some PUP's I new were in old backed up software (this is a setting you turn on yourself just like KIS) and ESET worked perfectly.  

One item I think you may find very different is the non use of browser "add-ons", I personally like this as there are useful additions to use in the browser of your choice that accomplish the other vendors add-ons. Allowing more flexibility as I see it, as an example I am using U-block in my browsers now.

The Banking and Payment browser is outstanding, I generally use Firefox and you would recognize the same basic concept as KIS but in my opinion a bit easier to use.   

As properly indicated by the other posters both software's are very good, I wanted to give you an experience from someone who has made the switch very recently.  Keep in mind you may trial the software for 30 days to see how you like it, I did just that and made my purchase the same day I loaded the trial.  

The very best to you in whatever you decide -- ebill