Opera banking protection

Eset banking protection is not supported in Opera browser. Opera is on my opinion the only good browser. Will Eset ever support Opera? If not, I will change my security solution. I mean, why paying for something that doesn"t work. Would you be so kind and give a straight answer? Thank you.

• Administrators

The main problem with Opera is that debug symbols are not publicly available which prevents supporting new versions. Also it is not as popular as Chrome, Firefox or IE so investing a lot of resources into support would not be desired. Which AV supports Opera as a secure browser?

On 9/3/2018 at 6:27 AM, Marcos said:

The main problem with Opera is that debug symbols are not publicly available which prevents supporting new versions. Also it is not as popular as Chrome, Firefox or IE so investing a lot of resources into support would not be desired. Which AV supports Opera as a secure browser?

NOT BEING POULAR enough is in part due also because nobody invests time and resources in it, and as a security software, that´s also NOT a valid reason. Trust me, I've been using Opera since way before they change their engine to Chrome and even before Nod32 became popular there was Opera already, there is none better.

What can I say. I stand by my reasoning. Not giving support to Opera (they never had support from anyone) is part of the reason why it's not so widely spread.

I remember the days when firefox arrived and only because it had Mozilla behind it, every one was excited, it sucked then, it sucks now, yet, they have support.

TBH, I will continue using Opera as my dayly driver and Eset Banking Protection will be another "feature" I don't use.

Edited by MasterTB