I dont understand this rule, Block or Allow?

• Administrators

*.doubleCLCICK.net sounds like a bogus site. If it's accessed by Firefox even without opening any website, it's likely that some of the extensions accessed it.

I checked this out on the QUALS web site.

First, stats.g.doubleclick.net is Google Analytics. The cert. it uses shows *.g.doubleclick.net in the subject name.

• ESET Insiders

stats.g.doubleclcick.net redirects to a scam site so I'd definitely block communication.

scam.jpg

Edited by stackz

Oops. My eyes are getting bad in my old age.

I didn't notice that the URL is g.stats.doubleclcick.net versus g.stats.doubleclick.net  which is Google Analytics.

Here's the detailed analysis of g.stats.doubleclcick.net on QUALS here: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=g.stats.doubleclcick.net&s=159.253.28.197&ignoreMismatch=on&latest .

Definitely looks like a man-in-the-middle interception to me.

Edited by itman

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/02/2018 at 2:33 PM, itman said:

Oops. My eyes are getting bad in my old age.

I didn't notice that the URL is g.stats.doubleclcick.net versus g.stats.doubleclick.net  which is Google Analytics.

This is precisely how fraudsters and other criminals try to dupe people into visiting scam websites. They create a website that is almost identical to the genuine site but just make a minor change such as in this example, which most people won't notice until it's too late. I would recommmend getting the Web Of Trust (WOT) extension for your browser as that will give you a visual indication of many scam websites (to see how it looks in action, take a look at the screenshot I have uploaded).

WOT Screenshot.jpg