Changelog for Endpoint Security 6.6.2072.4?

Cousin Vinny

Just noticed that EES 6.6.2072.4 is released.  Is there a changelog for this update?  I'm getting sick of receiving the outdated software alerts since 6.6.2072.2 did not apply to me and have been looking forward to an update that shuts it up.

• Administrators

Please don't look at the last number; it indicates changes in the localization or re-packed installer with latest modules included.

If you have any version 6.6.2072.X and it's fully updated, it's equal to 6.6.2072.4.

• Administrators

Yes, you can. What matters is the version number 6.6.2072. The latest version 6.6.2072.4 is important for new installations since it contains the latest modules to prevent BSOD if Meltdown patches are installed. Already installed versions should have all modules updated.

Can I add a +1 for a proper change log - A page that customers can watch (or be notified of updates) that details the newest versions, and the changes.

This thread is very helpful as I had the same question, but simply telling customers what each update consists of (ideally in advance) would be best - and very common.

On 2018/2/14 at 3:04 AM, Marcos said:

Yes, you can. What matters is the version number 6.6.2072. The latest version 6.6.2072.4 is important for new installations since it contains the latest modules to prevent BSOD if Meltdown patches are installed. Already installed versions should have all modules updated.

I didn't install 6.6 yet. but since 6.6.2072.2 with latest update is equal to 6.6.2072.4, why the administration panel show warning about outdated version?  it should not show this kind of warning..

• Administrators
Just now, tbsky said:

I didn't install 6.6 yet. but since 6.6.2072.2 with latest update is equal to 6.6.2072.4, why the administration panel show warning about outdated version?  it should not show this kind of warning..

That's because the whole version number is currently compared with the latest version number in the repository. We plan to change this in the future, however, it's not easy and it will take some time. Removing modules from installers would prevent this inconvenience, at least partially.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 4:24 PM, I Like Ice Cream said:

So glad I came across this! So glad I don't have to update the Endpoints again. I too would like to see what was addressed in each new version that is released.

Just a note for future visitors to this thread, the changelog for each release can be found on the download page for the product, see attached image.  See this page, for example: https://www.eset.com/ca/business/endpoint-security/windows-security/download/

Another way to get notified of new ESET product releases is to subscribe to email alerts for "ESET Knowledgebase Support News", which will email you when an update is released along with the changelog.  However, this isn't perfect since it includes all ESET products, you can't filter for the specific products in your environment.

https://support.eset.com/news/?locale=en_US

ESET Changelog Example.PNG