FAILED TO ADD LICENSE

Hi guys,

I receive an error when i try to add license key into ERA webconsole, just checked firewall, network,... but still can't added!

As the picture details below:

ESET1.JPG.2418d79d9ba566b5cf982c6fa27619b0.JPG

ESET2.JPG.837f74685b303bb4d2f9932983693618.JPG

ESET3.JPG.80a5404689f74c93b8b649927fa6a433.JPG

Please give me some advice that what should I do to continue?

Thanks so much!

• Administrators

On the computer with ERA Server installed please capture the network communication with Wireshark at the time you attempt to add the license to ERA and provide me with the generated pcap log. Does the machine connect directly to the Internet or through a proxy server?

• ESET Staff

In addition, please check SERVER's trace log for more detailed error description -> it will at least help to identify source of problem, which will be either network problem (network configuration, certificate validation, HTTP proxy issue) or it will be failure in ESET infrastructure.

Trace logs should be located in:

C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Logs\trace.log

There should be "Error" entry from time license synchronization failed.

On 1/25/2018 at 1:49 AM, MartinK said:

In addition, please check SERVER's trace log for more detailed error description -> it will at least help to identify source of problem, which will be either network problem (network configuration, certificate validation, HTTP proxy issue) or it will be failure in ESET infrastructure.

Trace logs should be located in:

C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Server\EraServerApplicationData\Logs\trace.log

There should be "Error" entry from time license synchronization failed.

Hi @MartinK,

Please help us with trace log details in attached file. Thanks so much!

tracelog.log

• ESET Staff

Last license synchronization error is:

2018-01-31 01:14:58 Error: ConsoleApiModule [Thread 16d0]: 216864 Error while processing AddPoolByLicenseKey 437245: AddPoolByLicenseKey: Failed to add pool by license key, because connection to the licensing server failed. Error: CEcpCommunicator: HTTP send of XML request failed, error=20006 (connection failure).

which indicates network issue. Is there any HTTP proxy or firewall between ERA and ESET infrastructure which may have blocked request? There is no problem with with resolving name, nor there is problem with opening network connection, but requests are not properly sent.

Also be aware, that there are quite too many errors X509CSF_PartialChain which indicates that there are connection to your ERA with untrusted certificate. This most probably mean that multiple AGENT are not able to connect because you are missing CA certificate for them, but it is also possible that some different product is connecting to ERA port ...