Version 11 export settings bug

fringed

So I installed version 11.0.144 successfully, rebooted and all is well. Until I went to import/export settings.

It stuck processing, won't complete.

Also noticed in updates it says "update has not been checked yet" with no way to manually update definitions.

On bottom of screen it says check for updates but only checks for products.

Edited by fringed

• Administrators

No problems here exporting and importing a cfg xml with v11. Did you install v11 from scratch and exported and imported cfg immediately, or you've changed some settings before importing the cfg?

I had to change update type to regular update from pre-release. Automatically started downloading updates after the change and everything worked afterwards. Thanks

Did you import previous Smart Security settings or Internet Security settings?

I installed IS 11.0.144 on top of Smart Security 10.1.235 with no issues and all my previous SS settings are reflected in IS 11.0.144.

I installed v11 av over 10.1.235 without importing settings. It seems all settings remained the same. Just had the problem with the pre-release option not allowing regular update to work.

• ESET Insiders

If you had been using pre-release and changed to regular update just wait until ESET do the next database update

If you checked now you should see you have 16296P but after next update it will be for example 16297

Edited by BALTAGY

1 hour ago, BALTAGY said:

If you had been using pre-release and changed to regular update just wait until ESET do the next database update

If you checked now you should see you have 16296P but after next update it will be for example 16297

Good advice BALTAGY  :)

• Administrators
3 hours ago, fringed said:

Also noticed when you hover the mouse on the systray icon it no longer shows the virus definition, Intended?

Yes, that's intentional. ESET has become more cloud-centric and contains smart features to protect you from malware on different layers so the version of the detection engine is not as important for maintaining protection as it used to be in the past.