Bugs in ERA 6.5

Hi,

Just like to bring to your attention a couple of bugs found whilst using ERA 6.5

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.5 (6.5.522.0)
ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.5 (6.5.388.0)

1. When creating a software install client task (in my case Endpoint AV and Endpoint Security) - the task stays showing as Running even though its actually completed, the product is successfully installed and the agent reporting on it correctly. Doesnt matter how long you leave it for, its stays blue and status running.

2. When editing a Agent Push Install Server Task - when you re-type the password in, after inputting the first character the cursor defaults back to the start of the password so the first character you have typed in actually ends up at the end of the password (appears to be ok when creating the task for the first time, just when subsequently editing it)

Thanks

• ESET Staff

Thank you for reporting. I have notified our QA department, so they attempt to replicate and track officially (if unknown to us).

PS: for the case number 1 - can you please provided details, about target OS, target (computer / static group / dynamic group), and version of the software to be installed. Was license (activation) part of this task, or not?

Hello FTL,

I came up the same issue with forever running tasks, In which OS have you deployed the ERA Server and which OS is the target of the deployment?

Thanks,

Peter

Hi, sorry for the delay in replying,

Target OS - Windows 7 Pro x64 + Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise x64

Target - does it on both an individual computer, also a dynamic group

Software Version - Endpint 6.6.2046.0, I do my servers manually but could try one i guess via a task to see

Task was just to install Endpoint - Activation has a seperate task against the not activated dynamic group

ERA Server deployed on Server 2012 R2

Thanks

Edited by FTL