Unknown alert in ERA after upgrading to ESET Endpoint Security 6.6.2046.1

We recently updates ESET Endpoint Security on all of our workstations (150+) to version 6.6.2046.1
ERA displays a critical alert with an empty "Problem" field on all of these workstations.

image.thumb.png.debdbe1d2c8236a8db871fb35ad2b4f2.png

Both the agent and EndPoint security are the latest version

image.png.d9cf87db15b6931ac85f8fea326347c4.png

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Jeroen Koolen

Thnx for the hint!

The protection status on the client stated that the "client e-mail protection" wasn't functioning.
Since we use central AV on all of our mail servers we disabled this feature using a Policy on the group containing all the workstations.
The settings for this part of Endpoint Security probably changed and we will have to review this policy.
I manually disabled the "client e-mail protection" on one client and the error disappeared.

We will investigate the applied policy further tomorrow,.

• ESET Staff

Could you please check version of modules used by ERA? List with version and release dates is located in Webconsole -> About dialog. We are interested in version of "Translator/Translation module" as it is responsible by localization of messages received from client machines. It is possible that module is outdated and not able to translate new error messages introduced in newest endpoint products.

• Administrators

Please provide me with ELC logs from the machine. You must have some protection feature disabled which generates empty problem description. I've reproduced it with disabled HTTP scanning but in your case it's a different setting.

@Marcos:  In my case it was the "e-mail client protection" setting. The "empty alert" disappeared after disabling this feature using a central policy.
The explanation of MartinK sound logical, since the client language is Dutch and ERA is English. 

• Administrators

Regardless of the issue, I wonder what was the reason for disabling email protection. Even if you use another AV scanner on the mail server, it's a good practice to have email scanned by a different solution on clients as well.

We also use ESET on our mailservers. This policy was created about a year ago when we experienced problems after another update, but maybe it is time to reevaluate this policy.

@MartinK: could you give me feedback on the module versions? We solved the problem for now by changing our Policy, but I would like solve the real cause also.

Not want to hyack tis thread but i have seen this issue as well in our environment. Currently roling out v6.6.2046.1.

I know that users are disabling the ESET outlook plugin due to extreme slowness so it could be related to that.

ERA = English and client = dutch

regards

richard

Edited by rkok