ESET Security Alert Warnings

FicmanS

Seeing this error in the last few days, anybody else seeing it.  Everything I have tried doesn't seem to help... I've checked all the setting and everything is enabled as it should be, turning them off and back on is no help.  Rebooted as well

ESET Error.PNG

Edited by FicmanS

• Administrators

Do you have the latest v10.1.219 installed?

If so, please provide me with the following logs created by the attached tool. Extract it from the archive and run it from the command-line console started with administrator rights as follows:

EpfwWfpRegV10.1.2.exe /unreg > unreg.txt
EpfwWfpRegV10.1.2.exe /reg > reg.txt

EpfwWfpRegV10.1.2.rar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

1, Download EpfwWfpRegV10.1.3.exe.
2, Run "EpfwWfpRegV10.1.3.exe /unreg" as an administrator and reboot the computer.

Should the problem persist and you have ESET Internet Security or ESET Smart Security installed:
- enable advanced firewall logging in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics
- reboot the computer
- disable logging
- collect logs with ELC

If the generated zip archive is too large to attach here, upload it to a safe location and pm me a download link.

Hi Marcos... I have Nod32 Antivirus (Home), I run EpfwWfpRegV10.1.3.exe  but the problem persist, I have a license for 4Pcs, but only one has this issue...

Edited by Grazianiale

• Administrators

Would it be possible to temporarily install the 30-day trial version of EIS on this machine at least to generate the advanced firewall log? With EAV, enabling etw logging would require disabling self-defence and importing specific reg files to enable/disable logging.

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.4c0d13fb309e6e456690079ee23ad6fc.png

I am getting this error but when I check the update it says up to date although going by the eset page it is well out of date.

even tried a clean install of NOD32 and the same issue

• Administrators

If you've upgraded from v9, I'd suggest uninstalling EAV, removing "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security" from the registry and then installing it from scratch. Alternatively you can run the ESET Uninstall tool in safe mode as per the instructions at http://support.eset.sk/kb2289.