URL Address management

Hi,

In what file(s) (and where they are) does ESET Smart Security Premium save the lists with addresses from "URL Address management"?

I've added an image with the settings I mean.

Untitled.png

• Administrators

Although I can't answer this question, I doubt that the list is stored in a plain text form so it doesn't matter if it's saved encrypted in the registry or on a disk in a binary file.

45 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Although I can't answer this question, I doubt that the list is stored in a plain text form so it doesn't matter if it's saved encrypted in the registry or on a disk in a binary file.

Those lists aren't really related to security, in a sense that they must be private, so I though they may be stored somewhere in plain text. For me it would be useful, because I could change them using my own program, to add / remove links without having to enter in ESET GUI for every single change that I want to make.

• Administrators

Well, in such case malware could easily add urls to the list of allowed addresses or to the list of addresses excluded from filtering to evade detection or to enable download of malicious content that would be otherwise blocked.

Yeah, I haven't thought about it this way. In this case, for sure they aren't stored in plain text. Guess I'll just have to find another way to solve my "problem", maybe create extension for my browser.

Thank you for your response.