Any idea how to stop this message

jadinolf

I'm getting the message that my virus signature is out of date and then a message that it isn't.

No idea how to stop the out of date message.

Yes, I have rebooted.

Thanks

I must explain that when it cranked up this morning it showed the date as 9/1/2012. I has been corrected but that information doesn't change.

eset1.jpg

eset2.jpg

Edited by jadinolf

• Most Valued Members

Erm last update 1798 days ago and a 301 day trial :lol:

Is your pc bios & clock showing the correct date ?? , setting that right would be a good place to start.

Just now, cyberhash said:

Erm last update 1798 days ago and a 301 day trial :lol:

Is your pc bios & clock showing the correct date ?? , setting that right would be a good place to start.

Thanks for the reply.

The clock is right. I'll check BIOS.

• Most Valued Members
6 minutes ago, jadinolf said:

Once your BIOS and clock are both right then i suggest that you activate it by entering your license details again and see how it goes from there :)

3 minutes ago, cyberhash said:

Once your BIOS and clock are both right then i suggest that you activate it by entering your license details again and see how it goes from there :)

Well, I went to uninstall and decided to repair which fixed the ESET problem but whatever caused the time mess still needs to be worked on. Problem I never encountered before.

Thanks for your posts.

eset3.jpg

• Most Valued Members
1 minute ago, jadinolf said:

Well, I went to uninstall and decided to repair which fixed the ESET problem but whatever caused the time mess still needs to be worked on. Problem I never encountered before.

Thanks for your posts.

eset3.jpg

Never seen an issue like this before in all the years that i have been on these forums. Seen problems with failing updates, but never one where the the date has caused a problem.

Have you updated your bios or ran any hardware monitoring apps recently that could have changed the system date & time.

Just that the 301 day trial was something that would indicate that the system date and time had been set back and somehow deactivated the program itself.

Hopefully you won't have any problems again

Just now, cyberhash said:

Never seen an issue like this before in all the years that i have been on these forums. Seen problems with failing updates, but never one where the the date has caused a problem.

Have you updated your bios or ran any hardware monitoring apps recently that could have changed the system date & time.

Just that the 301 day trial was something that would indicate that the system date and time had been set back and somehow deactivated the program itself.

Yes, something happened to mess up the date and time but the 301 days is legit. It was a gift from ESET.- 3 computers for 1 year.

I did not document the problem but I have a feeling it will happen again and I will write down everything that appears on the screen and then go to Google. It is something that I have never seen before.

5 hours ago, cyberhash said:

Just leave it to Joe---always coming up with something unique. ;)

5 hours ago, jadinolf said:

BIOS is correct time.

I'm going to install/reinstall and also check the CR2032 Cell.

There's a battery in the PC? .....:o

I am seated at the problematic computer as I type this.

The problem was the CR2032 battery. I have replaced it and now I will play with the computer before I button it up.

It sure was dusty but it's my only computer that is not easy to get to.

hamshack.jpg

All is good now.

Computer is all buttoned up and put back the way it was.

Now I need to replace the battery in the other four computers.:)

With all my PCs (all 3 of them:rolleyes:) over the years, I have never replaced a battery.

Of course, now that I said that, guess what will most likely happen....:huh:

1 minute ago, TomFace said:

With all my PCs (all 3 of them:rolleyes:) over the years, I have never replaced a battery.

Of course, now that I said that, guess what will most likely happen....:huh:

They last a long time. This one came with the motherboard and could have been low when they put it in.

I have a lot of those batteries because i use them in other equipment.

• Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, jadinolf said:

They last a long time. This one came with the motherboard and could have been low when they put it in.

I have a lot of those batteries because i use them in other equipment.

Built pc's for 30 years and quality control was never good when it came to battery's in new motherboards late 80's and early 90's. You could buy a new motherboard and the battery was dead before you even got to build the system.

Glad you got it sorted tho @jadinolf as the wrong system date and time can cause a lot of different headaches

1 minute ago, cyberhash said:

Built pc's for 30 years and quality control was never good when it came to battery's in new motherboards late 80's and early 90's. You could buy a new motherboard and the battery was dead before you even got to build the system.

Glad you got it sorted tho @jadinolf as the wrong system date and time can cause a lot of different headaches

Hi

I wasted a lot of time over this. Should have just pulled the computer out and replace the battery.

For the record, the batteries I have were 18 cents U.S. You can spend USD $4 if you are so inclined.

• Most Valued Members
3 minutes ago, jadinolf said:

Hi

I wasted a lot of time over this. Should have just pulled the computer out and replace the battery.

For the record, the batteries I have were 18 cents U.S. You can spend USD $4 if you are so inclined.

It's a problem you cant recognise until you experience it first hand yourself and not surprising you lost a lot of time on it. Reward yourself with a big cream cake and coffee :D

14 minutes ago, cyberhash said:

It's a problem you cant recognize until you experience it first hand yourself and not surprising you lost a lot of time on it. Reward yourself with a big cream cake and coffee :D

True.

Biggest problem was getting NOD32 back to normal.

Long story short was that I eventually had to uninstall it and reinstall. Not really a big deal.