Not long upgraded from ESS v8.0.312.0...old version I know, but it worked really well for me.  I updated as I've had a couple of BSODs which identified an ESET driver as the most likely cause.  Anyway, I clean installed EIS v10.1.204.0.  The program itself runs well enough but I've noticed a few annoyances with it.

First off the GUI.  It looks ok at first glance but when going through the options, it becomes a little messy.  In Tools, why not just show all the options instead of getting users to click on 'More tools'? Then in the advanced setup, why the need to show the number of items changed from default?  It looks .

Also, after importing my carefully saved list of rules, they now appear in a random order and it takes ages to find the rule I'm looking for in order to edit.

Finally, why is it no longer possible to pause live protection from the right click menu of the notification try icon?  It's still possible to pause the firewall, but not anti-virus protection.  Just seems a little daft.

• Most Valued Members

I must admit i was never really fond of the new GUI when it arrived at first, but once you use it for a while it grows on you :)

Advanced Setup > F5 is a handy shortcut from the GUI

Have never exported rules from an older version to a newer version as i have always worried that this would cause issues, so i started from scratch on each MAJOR build and done it that way. So cant say if that's where your "Random" rule order issue stems from.

The pause protection will be coming back on an update coming out soon :)

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, nickster_uk said:

Also, after importing my carefully saved list of rules, they now appear in a random order and it takes ages to find the rule I'm looking for in order to edit.

You can do a search in the rules window.

Click on the spy glass in the upper right corner and it opens to enter a search item.

RuleSearch.png

Edited by SCR
added info

• Administrators

Firewall rules are evaluated differently by V8- and v9+. We do not recommend importing the configuration previously exported from an older version. If you want to preserve settings, simply install v10 over v8.

• 1 month later...
On 12/06/2017 at 0:11 PM, Marcos said:

Firewall rules are evaluated differently by V8- and v9+. We do not recommend importing the configuration previously exported from an older version. If you want to preserve settings, simply install v10 over v8.

Thanks Marcos.  I may uninstall, reinstall v8 and then upgrade again as the rules configuration is doing my head in.