may i know which version can scan thunderbird imap incoming email?

Hi

i use thunderbird last version

i have imap account

i tried eset smart security 64bit v5 and v6 , they can't scan incoming emails

i tried with eicar , i tried the text file , the *.com file and a zip and rar file

nothing!

i tried

Make sure to enable SSL scanning if you want to have IMAPS/POP3S scanned.

but i got so many errors

i checked in my event , and i find so many errors

is there a way to check imap incoming email?

or is there a version that can do it?

or at least a plugin update to use

i'm disperate

i'm considering to switch av

please can someone help me?

i added 2 screenshot

when i tried to enable the settings close to the red arrow i got many errors

thanks

best regards

post-1187-0-94800800-1382436566_thumb.jpg

post-1187-0-86187700-1382436568_thumb.jpg

Edited by mantra

• Administrators

I've used Thunderbird 24.0. After enabling SSL, I exported the root certificate and imported it into Thunderbird manually. Edited trust for the certificate and selected the option "This certificate can identify websites". Scanning emails received via IMAPS worked fine as you can see below:

post-10-0-60605100-1382438084_thumb.png

I've used Thunderbird 24.0. After enabling SSL, I exported the root certificate and imported it into Thunderbird manually. Edited trust for the certificate and selected the option "This certificate can identify websites". Scanning emails received via IMAPS worked fine as you can see below:

attachicon.gifgmail-virtest.png

Hi Marcos

is there an easy tutorial step by step to do it? i don't have english thunderbird

what should i do?

1) enable in eset always scan ssl protocol or ask about non visited site

2) run thunderbird and? i want to enable it only for thunderbird and not for firefox

really for me it's a problem to configure

thanks

Mantra

In Thunderbird you should be able to go to File > Preferences > Advanced tab > Certificates > Click view certificates > then Import

Find your cert and import it into Thunderbird

Of course your getting the certificate generated by ESET in Advanced Setup > Web&Email > protocol filtering > SSL "check always scan" > Tab to Certs

check Add the root cert, save, then view cert, and then details tab on cert menu, and copy to File.

Mantra

In Thunderbird you should be able to go to File > Preferences > Advanced tab > Certificates > Click view certificates > then Import

Find your cert and import it into Thunderbird

Of course your getting the certificate generated by ESET in Advanced Setup > Web&Email > protocol filtering > SSL "check always scan" > Tab to Certs

check Add the root cert, save, then view cert, and then details tab on cert menu, and copy to File.

Hi Arakasi

well i did it

ESET in Advanced Setup > Web&Email > protocol filtering > SSL "check always scan" > Tab to Certs

i imported this file in thunderbird like -->File > Preferences > Advanced tab > Certificates > Click view certificates > then Import

but in authority or server ?

but with always scan SSL protocol ON , can not receive emails :(

post-1187-0-16118100-1382452935_thumb.jpg

Edited by mantra

• Administrators

Disregard the message, there's a problem importing the root certificate to the latest version of Thunderbird at the moment. First, you must add the ESET root certificate to the list of Certificate authorities.

Disregard the message, there's a problem importing the root certificate to the latest version of Thunderbird at the moment. First, you must add the ESET root certificate to the list of Certificate authorities.

thanks

after should i turn off SSL "check always scan" or keep On

I installed thunderbird 17 , but keeping check always scan ON , i can not receive emails!

Edited by mantra

Hi,

I'm using the Portable Edition of Thunderbird.

Do your setup indications above for scanning e-mails also apply for the portable edition?

Thanks,

XenonS

• Administrators

I'm using the Portable Edition of Thunderbird.

Do your setup indications above for scanning e-mails also apply for the portable edition?

Yes, importing the root certificate into email clients automatically requires an email client to be installed. For portable editions, you'll need to export the ESET root certificate and import it into the email client manually.