Does NOD32 slow other programs downloads?

Super_Spartan

I am downloading a shared file using a chinese program called Baidu, it is the Windows 8.1 English-US untouched ISO (3 GB) but it downloads at 50 KB/S only

I temporarily disabled NOD32 and the speed went up immediately to 1.2 MB/S

what gives?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

I have not noticed any problems when downloading the Windows 8.1 ISO's from TechNet or MSDN.  Can you provide a URL with an example of the download?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Hello,

I have not noticed any problems when downloading the Windows 8.1 ISO's from TechNet or MSDN.  Can you provide a URL with an example of the download?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

oh no it wasn't from a website, a friend of mine who works at Microsoft uploaded the Win 8.1 GA final ISO US version to a chinese site called Baidu hxxp://pan.baidu.com/s/145FYD

if it wasn't from her, I would've thought that's a scam site, but it's real, you register an account, then you download their "Downloader Program", login to the account in the program, and start the download,

when NOD32 was on the download was very slow @ 50 KB/S when it's off it's superfast @ 1.2 MB/S

hxxp://i39.tinypic.com/34hc505.png

34hc505.png

34hc505.png

Edited by Tweak Arena

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

It looks like I am blocked from accessing that site from work so am unable to check this. What I can tell you is that with MSDN or TechNet using using either Microsoft's File Transfer Manager or straight download through the web browser, I noticed no difference in speed when downloading the ISOs for Microsoft Windows 8.1. There was a delay after downloading had finished, but temporarily disabling scanning resolved that.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky