How to use Nod32 AV 7 as a firewall?

Miiniiw

Like Smart Security has an obvious firewall option I think I can experiment to make it work, but just asking if anybody knows how exactly.

like adding a IP or web address in the host file preventing any connections to the internet.

• Administrators

For blocking access to domains, use URL address management in the Web access protection setup.

Access to a certain IP address can only be blocked using a blocking firewall rule in ESS.

Nod32 already has firewall characteristics, like blocking bad email, preventing certain malware websites from connection, protocol filtering and the new phishing setup.

As an AV only user, i am gratefull ESET has extended these features. It may even be a reel-in tactic to get me to purchase ESS instead of Nod32. I think its cool and funny, yet very helpful.

I would'nt want to try and sneak around and make my nod32 use the firewall features. They have already done it halfway with a few dll's and the additional cost for ESET Smart Security is minimul.

Hard work should pay off !

Nod32 already has firewall characteristics, like blocking bad email, preventing certain malware websites from connection, protocol filtering and the new phishing setup.

As an AV only user, i am gratefull ESET has extended these features. It may even be a reel-in tactic to get me to purchase ESS instead of Nod32. I think its cool and funny, yet very helpful.

I would'nt want to try and sneak around and make my nod32 use the firewall features. They have already done it halfway with a few dll's and the additional cost for ESET Smart Security is minimul.

Hard work should pay off !

I'm an IT so I know what I'm doing, I'm just asking because I want some very specific file/app/exe to not to try to update/add load to my internet connection.

I am grateful for the gesture of trying to help thou.

@Marocs
Did the above statement made it any clearer? or the answers are just the same as on post #2?

I think your answering like I want to block a website on a browser, I want to block a file/app/exe from connecting to a specific something like an address update.adobe.com, but not block it from running.

I hope I made it any clearer.

Thanks

I am very grteful for the help!

Edited by Miiniiw

Marcus called it on the domain blocking.

Add adobe.com for the domain?

That would block all adobe connections though.

You could remove http protocol but i would never suggest that as a long time solution.

If your an admin , you should know the host file could be an easy solution to block yer exe from connecting to update.adobe.com.

Use 127.0.0.1

• 1 month later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello Johnny,

ESET NOD32 Antivirus is product without it's own firewall.

In case you would like to use our antivirus solution with firewall included please use ESET Smart Security, which has pretty strong firewall built-in. 

Yes it's not true, it does everything you can ask from a firewall and it's not poor quite the opposite. And I want to add don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Edited by SweX