Help! TrojanDownloader:Win32/Adload.DA virus

Hi ya,

Windows action center has detected "TrojanDownloader:Win32/Adload.DA" virus on my PC. It has caused my PC to stop working properly 54 times. I've tried  multiple antivirus programs but non detected it. The action center itself does not give any solutions online.

Lastly I bought ESET Internet Security Version 10.0.390.0 hoping this would solve the problem, however, after a thorough scan it never caught the damn virus!

Any ideas and solutions? Thanks.

PS: my OS is Windows7 Ultimate.

• Administrators

Downloaders usually don't do anything but download malware itself and execute it. What do you mean by "It has caused my PC to stop working properly" ?

Here's a guide on how to remove the bugger: https://malwaretips.com/blogs/trojandownloader-win32-adload-da-virus/

Do note that this is can be installed as a result of either legit or bogus other software installation or updating. It also possible that the software is not malicious so do note the comment in the malwaretips.com article about scanning the detection at VirusTotal for confirmation.

Edited by itman

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Downloaders usually don't do anything but download malware itself and execute it. What do you mean by "It has caused my PC to stop working properly" ?

Hello Marcos,

This is what the windows action center says -please check the image , and yes I do find my PC facing problems for example; if I leave my PC for a while then come back it freezes and never comes back until I unplug it, also it is taking longer than usual to do certain tasks, and finally I'd like to add that sometimes it just crashes and reboots on its own!

Untitled.png

Edited by Amanda

55 minutes ago, itman said:

Here's a guide on how to remove the bugger: https://malwaretips.com/blogs/trojandownloader-win32-adload-da-virus/

Do note that this is can be installed as a result of either legit or bogus other software installation or updating. It also possible that the software is not malicious so do note the comment in the malwaretips.com article about scanning the detection at VirusTotal for confirmation.

Hi itman,

Thanks for the link. So I have to install another 3 applications to remove this trojan? I thought ESET would do the trick. I'm really being suspicious of online freeware. That's how I got the AD.load virus in the first place while downloading some free software online :'(.

The blog says;

"follow these steps:

STEP 1: Scan your computer with Zemana AntiMalware Free

STEP 2: Scan your computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

STEP 3: Scan your computer with HitmanPro"

22 hours ago, Amanda said:

Hi itman,

Thanks for the link. So I have to install another 3 applications to remove this trojan? I thought ESET would do the trick. I'm really being suspicious of online freeware. That's how I got the AD.load virus in the first place while downloading some free software online :'(.

The blog says;

"follow these steps:

STEP 1: Scan your computer with Zemana AntiMalware Free

STEP 2: Scan your computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

STEP 3: Scan your computer with HitmanPro"

Yes, do as @cyberhash recommended and try MBAM first.

Also, Win Updates is showing as disabled per your screen shot. That should be enabled with you minimally receiving all security updates to fully protect your PC.

I don't know why the malware alert is showing in Security Center. I have never seen that before. Suspect that alert/message was generated by MSRT which normally runs after every Win update. However, your PC is showing Win Updates is disabled? Click on the "View Message" button for the malware detection and post a screen shot of what is displayed.