No Anti-stealth, no filtering after update to ESET NOD32 10

AndreyT

Windows 10 Pro x64. I removed my previous version of Antivirus (version 9) and used live installer to install version 10.

The new freshly installed version reports 2 problems on the Home screen

• Anti-stealth is non-functional
  • Web and mail protocol filtering is non-functional

Setup screen also indicates 4 problems:

• Real-time system protection
  • Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS)
  • Web access protection
  • Anti-Phishing protection

A notification periodically pops up that HIPS is not working since connection to driver failed.

So, what's next? What are the debugging steps to troubleshoot this problem? Some ESET knowledge base article said that I need to disable HIPS-restart-reenable HIPS-restart, but it had no effect. 

ESET.png

Edited by AndreyT

• Administrators

It seems that ehddrv.sys and eamonm.sys drivers were not updated as they are from v9. Please uninstall v10, run the Uninstall tool in safe mode to make sure there are no leftovers and then install v10 from scratch.

On 2/12/2017 at 10:15 AM, Marcos said:

It seems that ehddrv.sys and eamonm.sys drivers were not updated as they are from v9. Please uninstall v10, run the Uninstall tool in safe mode to make sure there are no leftovers and then install v10 from scratch.

Yes, full uninstall (using the Uninstall tool) followed by a reinstall resulted in an error-free setup of version 10. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Samoréen said:

This solution applies to more recent versions. A fix would be preferable, though.

Thank you. But I already nuked my previous install using the Uninstall tool. A subsequent reinstallation seems to be free of any problems.